Post Final Stand lag

by ElysianBlack

Original Post

Post Final Stand lag

★ Novice

Hi, I am Crosque, and I have a major issue,

After every expansion pack release the lag associated with official and ranked servers skyrockets. Post Final Stand,  a expansion I want to like and enjoy, has render Battlefield 4 completely unplayable... AGAIN!

This happened Post Second Assault, after China Rising, Naval Strike, Dragons Teeth, and now Final Stand. I can't play more than 5 minutes without acheiving %2-%40 packet lost and 1,100.00 or more in latency. DO NOT tell me its my connection, at 20Mbs on a hardline connection, this is a serverside problem. This is especially baffling since this is console, not PC, which I imagine is easier to solve than PC, although I will accept correction if I am wrong.

This trend of releasing alpha stage games, for which is the new standard of gaming,  and never solving the problem. I have to wait 3 months for every new patch to come out the fixes this issue slightly, then new DLC screws it up again, and frankly, I have lost interest in this game. This trend renders the game unplayable now for me. I just want some sort of justification for why DICE insists on releasing broken DLCs' and then patching the problem 3 months after the fact? Maybe the problems are inherent to the engine, but if thats the case, there is no excuse for this **bleep**.

I may try to play battlefield in the future, but this is the last title I buy, Because I know the this new standard is only going to continue.

Message 1 of 5 (631 Views)

Re: Post Final Stand lag

It would help if you posted your PC specs as well, since you didn't I'm including some AMD and Win8 solutions as well.  Here are some fixes for FPS drops that have worked for many other users:

1.  Disable origin in game as it's causes lag and FPS problems. To turn off Origin in game log into Origin, in the upper left hand corner click on the word "Origin" in the menu, and then click on "Application Settings".  Next go to the "Origin in game" tab and uncheck the "enable Origin in game" box.

2.  If you have the Raptr game tracking program running kill the process before playing BF4, this solved my random FPS drops even on Dragon's Teeth maps.

3.  If you are using MSI afterburning turn it off as some users report that it isn't playing well with BF4.

4.  For Win8 users try running BF4 in Win7 compatibility mode.  Right click on bf4.exe, select "Properties", then "Compatibility" and then choose run as Win7.

5. Better Battlelog also causes performance issues so try disabling it and see if that helps if you are running it

6.  Razer Game Booster and Razer Cortex have also been reported as creating playability problems with BF4.  if you have these programs installed disable them before trying to play BF4.

7.  If you are an AMD user using Mantle, switch to Direct X instead of Mantle and see if this clears the problem.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 5 (618 Views)

★ Novice

Gah, my bad, I am on Xbox one, not pc. My mistake. Should made mention.

Message 3 of 5 (605 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm getting the same thing as well on the ps3
Message 4 of 5 (579 Views)

★★ Novice

I've posted elsewhere about this but I'm a PS3 player and after the last update and Final Stand DLC, multiplayer has just become unplayable.

Aside from rubberbanding and lag - which is quite horrendous on all servers I've tried - both Final Stand and others - I have issues with random character  movement with no controller input, ADS jumping and moving about like a tick on a dog, and more.

I even went to the test range to test all this behaviour and sure enough, my character and weapons are behaving as if they have a mind of their own! It is not my controller which works fine everywhere else. It is not my connection which is good and stable, up and down. It is not OOR lag as I play only on servers in my region with five bars. It is happening even in the test range which now also seems more borked than it's ever been with targets not going down when hit and poor hit detection overall.

It is impossible to aim with any degree of certainty/accuracy as whichever weapon/scope I use, the reticule or ADS function is simply not functioning but jumping from one random spot to another or slowly wandering off to the left or right as if being pulled by some invisible force. Carbine,assault rifle, LMG, sniper rifle - makes no difference. Something is badly broken here. If I stand still for a second or two my character will start to rotate to the left and will just keep doing so until some input from the controller attempts to make it stop - then more involuntary movement occurs. Prone behind cover - sure enough character starts to crawl of its own volition or will come out of prone with no warning or input from me.

After the Fall patch the game on PS3 was vastly improved for me - now the entire game is a huge bugfest once again making my premium early access a complete waste of time and money.

Message 5 of 5 (458 Views)