[Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr. 13

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

★★★ Novice

How has no one commented on whether or not the newest driver from AMD fixed this? I've been off AMD and with NVIDIA since December but have been following this issue since day one (and had this issue since day 1 till I switched to Nvidia). Please comment on if it's fixed!

Message 461 of 477 (975 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Nope, nothing.

Nothing with 15.4beta and nothing with 15.5beta!

Message 462 of 477 (737 Views)

Hero

Nothing what?

carbonic signature

Message 463 of 477 (730 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Nothing changed to the existing issues for me.

Message 464 of 477 (722 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Solved.

Catalyst 15.4 Beta works for me!

I haven't no more memory leak.

• CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black @3.7GHz
  • GPU: Sapphire PCI-E HD6870  1GB DDR5
  • Motherboard: M5A78L/USB3 BIOS Version 1701 (latest)
  • RAM: Corsair DDR3 PC3-667 2x4GB CL9 
  • Soundcard: Asus Xonar DGX PCI-E soundcard driver latest- onboard card disabled in bios -
  • GPU Driver: Catalyst 15.4 beta
Message 465 of 477 (712 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr.

★★★★ Guide

When Mantle crashes, I looked up what the details said in task manager.

Following this message:

''One or more threads of BF4.exe are waiting on finishing network I/O''

Useful, perhaps?

Message 466 of 477 (692 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Guide

Edit: Never mind, crashed again with Mantle

Message 467 of 477 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ Dessert_Sessions - I think you need to read the thread before posting.....this thread (all 47 pages of it) are about a non paged pool memory leak occurring in BF4 on some AMD Radeon HD cards with the leak starting normally during map changes. The leak then eats up all available RAM through it's NPP memory leak and freezes the game and the machine. The RAM is only released upon rebooting the PC. What you are describing is a different issue entirely.

@ Carbonic I wish other people would chime in but from what PapiPino reports it sounds like it *might* finally be resolved Standard smile - good news for AMD card holders all round

Message 468 of 477 (642 Views)

★★★ Novice

Spring patched As soon as the game starts to load I lose all sound please help me

Message 469 of 477 (607 Views)

Hero

@Manchowder36 + @Wargame_Enj0yer You are in the wrong thread. That problem has nothing to do with the NP Pool Memoryleak. Please read the thread before posting.

@MeleeMike Well, yes, it's either that or the people that had the problem has moved on to other games as it took over 1 year to fix.

carbonic signature

Message 470 of 477 (1,299 Views)