[Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Apr. 13

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] - status: sti

[ Edited ]
Hero

UPDATE 16

I have updated the thread with a birthday message as the game is now 1 year old. Sadly, nothing new to report.

6a00e39338c4dd883401a73e034d68970d.png

carbonic signature

Message 411 of 477 (1,216 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] status: not f

★★★ Newbie

BF4 has been freezing my whole PC since the last patch, previous to last patch I was running everything on Ultra. Now I can't even play on low settings without it freezing the PC. The only way out is a force shut down and restart.

Source
Battlefield 4™

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎10/‎25/‎2014 3:54 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path: D:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\bf4_x86.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf4_x86.exe
Application Version: 1.3.2.15221
Application Timestamp: 541a14aa
Fault Module Name: MSVCR110.dll
Fault Module Version: 11.0.51106.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 5098858e
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000e469
OS Version: 6.3.9600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 5861
Additional Information 2: 5861822e1919d7c014bbb064c64908b2
Additional Information 3: 84a0
Additional Information 4: 84a09ea102a12ee665c500221db8c9d6

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 62efe5ec2c13ed46d85cd8994ce3f762 (73552761239)

Is there a solution to this issue I notice it has been going on for some people since 2013, this is new for me and I have allways played BF.

Message 412 of 477 (1,195 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] status: not f

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Prior to July 8th patch I had no memory leak and game ran very,very smooth on DX11 on high settings.

After july 8, BF4 became unplayable on DX11.

Even with Mantle API,I lost half of my FPS,stutters like a MOFO and game crash.

Added another R9 290 and FPS went back to 100/120 on ULTRA settings.

Still suffer from memory leak causing stutters,lagg/snags and crashes.

September's patch did not fix the memory leak.

Getting the same in BF4 CTE.....Looks like the last stand will still suffer from this mem leak issue.Confusedmileysad:

Unparked cores,OC'ed my CPU to 4.6Ghz + RAM to 1866mhz,created a CFG file in BF4 and V-Sync off like it should.

Win 8.1

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z Bios 2101

AMD 8350 FX OC 4.6Ghz

8 Gigs Gskill OC 1866Mhz

2 R9 290 in Xfire  Drivers 14.9

24 inch Phillips 1MS RT, 144hertz Refresh rate

Custom water cooling loop.

Message 413 of 477 (1,161 Views)

★ Novice

There is a workaround for the memory leak: Check this out!

Message 414 of 477 (1,134 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice
  • I have tested with RamMap that my non-paged pool is being filled: Yes...It was over 9GB D:
  • It have happened after Naval Strike: Yes
  • CPU: AMD FX-6300
  • GPU: MSI Radeon R9 270 Gaming 2GB GDDR5
  • Motherboard: Asus M5A97 R2.0
  • RAM: 12GB DDR3-1333
  • Soundcard: OnBoard Realtek ALC887
  • GPU Driver: Catalyst 14.9

Message 415 of 477 (1,002 Views)

★★ Novice

Will this ever be fixed ? I think the only fix will be never buy AMD GPU again and switch over to Nvidia. 

Game render in unplayable state after 15 -30 min when playing BF4 with Mantle using 2 x 7970 Crossfire. 

First it fills up whole VRAM then  it beginns to fill up my complete Systemmemory (16GB). 

Had a little hope when the 14.9.1 and 14.9.2 Beta drivers came out. But nothing. Playxing with DX works but the game runs not so smooth. With Mantle i got stable 144 fps capped @ High settings. DX gives me the Audio Bug and unstable fps from 70-144. 

Crossfire + mantle in BF4 is a no go, and it seems the have no motiovation to fix this. How poor this is. 

I use AMD GPU since the First Radeons came out, but this will be for sure the last pieco of silicone i ever bought from them. Tired of being a third class Gamer only because the couldnt fix they stuff. Looking forward to the GTX980. 

Message 416 of 477 (962 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The only solution is back to windows 7. Works for me.

Message 417 of 477 (776 Views)

★★ Guide
Before everyone dives back to Windows 7 has anyone tried to disable Windows Network Data Usage Monitoring Driver.

This can be done easily how ever i recommend a system restore point to be made before testing this.

Run a command prompt as admin then type the following command.

sc config Ndu start=disabled
sc stop Ndu

then reboot your computer, if this doesn't work you can revert via your system restore point or run command prompt as admin again and then type

sc config Ndu start=auto
sc start Ndu

then reboot your computer again.

Give this a try its worth a shot. Windows Ndu driver can cause memory leaks quite easily.
Message 418 of 477 (718 Views)

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] - status: sti

★★★ Novice

you are correct! all i had to do was dissable "origin in game" and it is now minimized the stuttering and freezing...

just trying all forums and solutions... 

Message 419 of 477 (630 Views)

★★★ Novice

Has anyone tried to see the status of this issue with AMD's newest OMEGA drivers? This week has been busy and I haven't had a chance to extensively test to see if the memory leak issue is still present. 

I CAN confirm that the driver did fix my ability to pull up options while in a 64 bit game of bf4. I was one of no doubt many who had their game instantly freeze and crash when trying to pull up options when AMD updated their drivers to support MANTLE - I know the fix was to disable the onboard display adapter but I, like no doubt many, have a motherboard without any on board display options so there was nothing for me to disable. Thus I could never pull up options in the 64 bit version of the game without my game crashing....this has finally been fixed in the OMEGA driver. 

Prior to this driver this was the easiest method I had found for editing my settings because 64 bit bf4 would crash in the options menu - http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/downloads

I can also confirm I am seeing an increase in average framerate of about 10-15 FPS depending on the level and amount of action happening on screen with the newest OMEGA driver. I cannot confirm if the memory leak is still present because I have not had enough time to test yet....at least this is a step in the right direction Standard smile

Also, in case this can help anyone - this is the best solution I have found and been using for months to manage memeory leaks and stop them before they get out of control - http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2l37od/memory_leak_killer_v2/

I have the Radeon HD 6950 with 2gb of DDR5 Video Ram for reference...

Message 420 of 477 (752 Views)