Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

by spankthatmonkey

Original Post

Re: [Possible solutions/INFO REQUEST] NP Pool Memoryleak [PC only] updated: Jan.

★★ Novice

Still no fix in 15.3 right?

Message 451 of 477 (859 Views)

Hero

I don't know. I am waiting for people in here to test it.

carbonic signature

Message 452 of 477 (849 Views)

★★ Novice

I test it since this week-end : no more memory leak on my HD6870 Standard smile

Message 453 of 477 (847 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

FWIW: I haven't had the memory leak problem since I started using the Windows10 Technical Preview, regardless of the AMD driver version.

Message 454 of 477 (837 Views)

★ Novice

I got rid of this issue a while back, by forcing bf4 to run in 32bit mode.

After some recent update (last few months? not played), that no longer works - all graphics options get forced to minimum, and there's a message within bf4 explaining that in 32bit mode you can't change graphics options.

So, I go change back to 64bit mode, graphics options reappear ......... and so does the memory leak. I tried updating to the latest AMD drivers, but no luck.

This is a bug that has existed from day one of BF4, and as the thread shows, it's extremely common. Why is it not fixed yet?

Message 455 of 477 (815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

@ spankthatmonkey - I too had this issue for a long time and I was one of many who got tired of this issue and AMD's few and far between * drivers, I switched to nvidia and haven't looked back or had any problems really to speak of.

However, when I had this issue I was able to edit the graphical settings of 32 bit mode by doing this - http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/forumtopicprintpage/board-id/battlefield-4/message-id/36812

I also ran the 32 bit .exe in compatibility mode with 7 and never had the leak (as long as it was 32 bit) and could edit graphical settings Standard smile

Also I was one of many who couldn't edit graphical settings in 64 bit mode without the game freezing when mantle came out (fix was to disable onboard video but I had no onboard video on my motherboard) and this helped immensely - http://battlefield.realmware.co.uk/bf4-settings-editor/downloads

EDIT - OMEGA drivers fixed not being able to pull up the options menu in the 64 bit game

This tool was also quite helpful to auto kill bf4 as soon as the leak was detected - http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield_4/comments/2l37od/memory_leak_killer_v2/

Unsure what still is and isn't relevant as I haven't used an AMD gpu since December but I hope this helps!

Message 456 of 477 (804 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks Mike, I'll have a look at that stuff you posted.

@EA: 18 months after a game's release, this shouldn't be necessary.

Message 457 of 477 (787 Views)

★★ Novice

Im getting random crashes on 280x with 15.3.

I cant disable the pool or set no pool on w8x64 or crash on omega.

Message 458 of 477 (752 Views)

★ Novice

I believe I have just developed this problem within the last month also.  I did not have this problem until approximately a month ago and initially presumed it was an overheating problem I have had previously.

Symptoms:  First multiplayer game plays fine, the second game loads and within 5 minutes of gameplay the game starts to stutter (time seems to differ a little between maps).  Then it is too late and the system memory completely fills and the whole computer hangs with no way of recovering it other than a hard reset.  Have confirmed with RamMap that it is in fact Nonpaged Pool memory.

Windows 7 64-bit SP1

DirectX 11

32GB RAM

Dual GeForce GTX 680 in SLI

Driver version 347.88

Message 459 of 477 (682 Views)

Hero

New patch with what might be a fix spotted:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-articles/Pages/latest-catalyst-windows-beta.aspx?hootPostID=b3a8c349...

15.4 beta

Please post your feedback in here with the results.

carbonic signature

Message 460 of 477 (995 Views)