Please help me ! I can't start battlefield 4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

by MrSquidr

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Please help me ! I can't start battlefield 4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

★★ Novice

I Installed the game from Origin and when i try to start it, it always crashes (Battlefield 4 has stopped working)
Please reply couse i want to play the game that i bought !

Message 1 of 8 (510 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Please help me ! I can't start battlefield 4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi Kalamar1999 I will try to help you lets start with the easy stuff first :womanhappy: Please do all the steps Edit .. if your PC lol

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

View in thread

Message 2 of 8 (521 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hi Kalamar1999 I will try to help you lets start with the easy stuff first :womanhappy: Please do all the steps Edit .. if your PC lol

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

If all this fails to fix it then try this...

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Message 2 of 8 (522 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi !
Thanks alot for ur tips. Now i'm reinstalling the game, and when i'm done i will try to run it and if i will have same issue again, I will follow ur tips.

Message 3 of 8 (498 Views)

Hero (Retired)

eww I wish you had posted first lol this is my old error in BF4  I would have had you take CC cleaner to the registry as this error can be a pain to kill. With any luck what your doing will fix it fingers crossed. This  is what I had to do to get it off my PC lol :womansurprised:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/PC-This-is-how-to-fix-BF4-after-everything-else-failed-to-ful...

Message 4 of 8 (495 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi again!
So i tryed what u said and disable origin in the game ! and guess what ?? IT WORKS ! so thanks for ur help, but i'm wondering just one more thing...
I'm running 32bit windows 7 and would if make a diffrence if i upgrade them on 64bit ?
Would my fps be higher ??
Now i have 100fps-130fps at low setting (i can't go higher on 32bit) So would i be able to play at high-ultra on 64bit ?

MY PC SPECS: i5 4670k
                            r9 280x
                            600w psu
                            8gb ram
                            motherboard made for overclocking 
(if i can't hit high-ultra, would i be able to reach that if i overclock my sistem ?)

Thanks alot ! With love Kalamar Wink

Message 5 of 8 (485 Views)

Hero (Retired)
I believe you won't be able to play on Ultra with decent FPS. It's recommended to have your Windows on 64bit once your RAM reaches 4GB.
Message 6 of 8 (483 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, yes i know that and i will upgrade my windows to 64bit.
I'm wondering if conponents are good enought for this game running on ultra ?

Message 7 of 8 (454 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi !
And here we go again ... game crashing all the time can't get into it ... gonna install my 64bit windows tomorow and then we will see if there something will change.
cya

Message 8 of 8 (429 Views)