by tvojamama3

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Player sends me chat messages although I unfriend and blocked him

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

The player name is: 

link:

And I see him somehow still messaging me via battlelog. 

***EDITED TO REMOVE NAME***

Message 1 of 4 (245 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Player sends me chat messages although I unfriend and blocked him

[ Edited ]

That is because he never closed the chat window in Battlelog after you blocked him so it is still an active chat.  I had this same thing happen in BF3 and successfully had it resolved by contacting EA.  To resolve this you will have to contact a Game Advisor and describe  what is happening. The Game Advisor (or EA Community Manager if it is passed to them) will have to log into the person's Battlelog account and then physically close the open chat window in the blocked person's battlelog profile. After that he will not be able to message you.

You can contact a game advisor here: : https://help.ea.com/contact-us click on the orange button on the right to start a new case, follow the instructions and when you are presented with a contact method I recommend that you use the telephone option and the “call me” option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time. The call back feature available to North America, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Switzerland, and the UK.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 3 of 4 (226 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

I believe Name&Shame on these forums is forbidden as stated in the rules. (This means do not point towards a player directly by providing nick information and any links connected to the user). 

When it comes to your problem could you please check if you have blocked him correctly. You can do so by going to his profile and clicking on the tringle to the right and then Block user. Once a user is blocked you can go to your profile settings on Battlelog and then click on the Privacy tab. Below you will see a list of blocked users (keep in mind that if you do not see one you do not have any blocked users currently). If you have successfully blocked the user you do not wish to communicate with it should look something like this

I hope I helped you out. Cheers. 

Message 2 of 4 (231 Views)

[ Edited ]

That is because he never closed the chat window in Battlelog after you blocked him so it is still an active chat.  I had this same thing happen in BF3 and successfully had it resolved by contacting EA.  To resolve this you will have to contact a Game Advisor and describe  what is happening. The Game Advisor (or EA Community Manager if it is passed to them) will have to log into the person's Battlelog account and then physically close the open chat window in the blocked person's battlelog profile. After that he will not be able to message you.

You can contact a game advisor here: : https://help.ea.com/contact-us click on the orange button on the right to start a new case, follow the instructions and when you are presented with a contact method I recommend that you use the telephone option and the “call me” option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time. The call back feature available to North America, Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Spain, Sweden, Slovakia, Switzerland, and the UK.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 4 (227 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

ok thanks 

Message 4 of 4 (195 Views)