PS4: server browser shows only empty servers

by wlchsfr0sch

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS4: server browser shows only empty servers

★★★ Newbie

After the last update this month (Aug 2016) the server browser on ps4 lists only empty servers. Most of them are titled -[DICE]-.

We can now have >1 filter, which is great, but my original filter is not migrated. :-(

All my favorites are gone, too. :-(

I added filters to show servers in NA and EU, yet none of them has players on.

I can sort by number of players, and it shows those with most max. players before the smaller ones, but still all of them are 0 players on.

However, joining via Quick Match always puts me into a near full server.

What's wrong here?

Message 1 of 3 (4,292 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS4: server browser shows only empty servers

@wlchsfr0sch wrote:

After the last update this month (Aug 2016) the server browser on ps4 lists only empty servers. Most of them are titled -[DICE]-.

We can now have >1 filter, which is great, but my original filter is not migrated. :-(

I can sort by number of players, and it shows those with most max. players before the smaller ones, but still all of them are 0 players on.

What's wrong here?

Have you tried completely resetting the filters to default and see if you are able to find servers? I ask because I just checked out the server browser functionality on both my PS4 and Xbox One version of BF4 and I saw populated server so my feeling is that it's probably a filter conflict which yields zero populated games.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (6,759 Views)

All Replies

@wlchsfr0sch wrote:

What's wrong here?

Have you tried completely resetting the filters to default and see if you are able to find servers? I ask because I just checked out the server browser functionality on both my PS4 and Xbox One version of BF4 and I saw populated server so my feeling is that it's probably a filter conflict which yields zero populated games.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 3 (6,760 Views)

★★★ Newbie

OK, I was victim of unintuitive labeling:

- I limited "free slots", meant to show me all servers, independent of number of players, so I selected "ALL".

- but "ALL" here means all player slots are free, i.e. empty server!

Not sure how it was in the old UI, but there my intention worked just like that.

Perhaps the labels were different then, like "full/empty" instead of "none/all".

Too bad it wasn't simply migrated along with favorites, would have saved  a lot PITA. 8-(

Thanks for reminding me to reset/ retest.

Message 3 of 3 (4,264 Views)