PS4 Control Issue: Can't Sprint/Weapon Fires When Jumping AKA The Pacifist Bug

by ronnieronb73

Original Post

PS4 Control Issue: Can't Sprint/Weapon Fires When Jumping AKA The Pacifist Bug

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
This the same problem some people were experiencing in BETA! Unplugging the controller doesn't do anything. Here's part of the issue from the "solved" thread:

Suddenly in the middle of the round, I was unable to shoot any weapon, I noticed after a while, that when I press to jump the weapon fires, also I noticed that I can't sprint.

Also the weapon fires randomly. I was using Recon class at the time this bug showed up.

This game is unplayable for me. Third straight day. Switching to games that work for now. You guys knew about this bug since the Beta and didn't think it would be a problem for consoles?
Message 1 of 33 (4,204 Views)

Re: PS4 Can't Sprint After Switching To Pistol

★★ Apprentice
Bump.

Reports of PC players fix by unplugging controller. What do console players do?
Message 2 of 33 (4,159 Views)

Re: PS4 Control Issue: Can't Sprint After Switching To Pistol

★★ Apprentice
Troubleshooting on my own since EA and Dice both suck.

Switched controller ports which fixed problem for a few seconds and then the bug came back. As I said before it's PS4 so unplugging the controller has ZERO effect.

I am level 85.

Switching to Ghosts and Black Flag since this has been a known problem since the Beta. Not holding my breath on a fix any time soon. So glad I didn't buy Premium. 4th straight night of trying to troubleshoot this broken game.
Message 3 of 33 (4,147 Views)

★★ Apprentice
LOL problem persists even on Test Range. So this bug is DEEP in the Multiplayer code. This is crap. My only hope is more people get this bug so the devs get on this problem.
Message 4 of 33 (4,145 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Jumping causes equipped weapon to fire. The weapon fires at the end of the jump animation. Exactly when landing on the ground.
Message 5 of 33 (4,143 Views)

Re: PS4 Control Issue: Can't Sprint/Weapon Fires When Jumping

★★ Apprentice
Sometimes spawning into a vehicle will clear the bug. Firing a weapon brings the bug back.
Message 6 of 33 (4,135 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Quitting to the dashboard and waiting 10 seconds will allow me to start sprint, until I fire my weapon and the bug is back again.
Message 7 of 33 (4,133 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Sometimes I have no control when I quit to the dashboard. When I finally get control and I can press the options button and the menu pops up, I can press the PS button and I am able to sprint again... until I fire my weapon.
Message 8 of 33 (4,131 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I can sprint as long as I don't shoot. LOL. For me this game is completely broken.
Message 9 of 33 (4,128 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I'm calling this the "Pacifist Bug". You're okay as long as you don't fire your weapon.
Message 10 of 33 (4,123 Views)