Re: Error code on battlefield 4 on playstation 4

by theladyincharge

Original Post

PS4 Battlefield 4: CE-34878-0 Error: Cannot play the game at all!

★★★ Newbie

For anyone who is getting this error, please post it here.  I am also getting the CE-34878-0 error as soon as the Main Menu pops up.  I literally have no time to do anything as it instantly kicks me out of the game and back to the PS4's main menu screen.  This happens every single time I boot up the game.  The whole game has been installed.  I have the retail disc version of the game.

If I delete the game data from my hard drive, and re-install the game completely, I can access BF4's Main Menu just fine.  But if I quit out and re-boot the game (either by removing and inserting the disc again or using "close application" to close BF4 and choosing "Start" on the PS4 Menu to start it) I get this error, effectively making the ENTIRE GAME unplayable for me.  I have the latest "patch" for BF4 installed on the PS4 as well.

This is absolutely ridiculous.  I expected the PS4 version of BF4 to at least be playable.  But now until DICE fixes it I am stuck with a $60 game that can't do anything.  I was really looking forward to playing this game.  Shipping out a game that can't play after you boot it up once is pretty much equivalent to stealing my money.  I would return the game, but I can't, as I had to open it to test out the game in the first place.  It's clear that no testing was done on the game prior to launching, otherwise none of these bugs would even exist.

Message 36 of 114 (11,236 Views)

Error code on battlefield 4 on playstation 4

★★★ Newbie
Code CE-34878-0 keeps coming up when I try to load up game
Message 1 of 114 (11,440 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Message 2 of 114 (11,431 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have playstation plus. I was just playing multiplayer and when the match was finished Ithat error code popped up and now I'm back at the dash board
Message 3 of 114 (11,400 Views)

BF4 update Error

★★★ Apprentice

After updating BF4 the game will start and get to the main menu for about 5 seconds then say an error has accrued and crash 

Message 4 of 114 (7,943 Views)

Re: BF4 update Error

★★★ Apprentice

New error.

Your save files are curropt and could not be read by the game.
Ugh I was nearly almost done with the game...

Message 5 of 114 (7,937 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Error code CE-34878-0

Message 6 of 114 (7,934 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here. My error code is CE-24878-0.

Message 7 of 114 (7,929 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes me too about a dozen times now. Sometimes at start up, sometimes 30 minutes in. but back to dashboard every time

Message 8 of 114 (11,182 Views)

Game crashes during game play.

★★★ Newbie

I just opened this game and been playing for about an our when the game crashed and the following code came up.

CE-34878-0

When I restarted the game a window came up informing me in order to play with have to save over old file because save file is corrupted. Sometimes it crashes after I push x to continue. But when I get thru I have to start the game all over. I deleted the game and reinstalled it but got the same result.

So I rent to play online but it seems like I can't get on network. Cause all the rooms are available but nobody is available. All rooms are empty. And there is a warning on my screen to activate my PSN account in order to play BF4 multilayer but I have already done that and activated the PlayStation 4. I have read about this happening to a lot of other players which worries me about playing anything else. Please help.

Message 9 of 114 (7,813 Views)