PS3 to PS4 China Rising

by dmonts45

Original Post

PS3 to PS4 China Rising

★★★ Newbie

First off, I pre-ordered BF4 on my PS3 so I should get the free China Rising.
Next, when the PS4 came out I paid the $10 to get BF4 on my PS4.

Why can I only download China Rising on my PS3 when I play on my PS4 and even paid the upgrade fee, shouldn't I get China Rising on my PS4?  This is ridiculas and makes me not want to play Battlefield anymore.  

Message 1 of 11 (363 Views)

Re: PS3 to PS4 China Rising

Is there an option on your PS4 to download the China Rising entitlement file from your download history in the PSN Store? If there is download the file, then start BF4 and do to the BF4 in game store and you should be able to download CR.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 11 (358 Views)

★★★ Newbie

No, I can't even find a download history in the PSN Store on the PS4.  Its pretty easy on the PS3, but on the PS4 I'm not seeing a download history, only a library (which is pretty much apps that have been downloaded).  

What I'm guessing is since I pre-ordered on the PS3 I can't get China Rising for the PS4, even though I UPGRADED!  I just want this for my PS4 because I don't even play BF4 on the PS3, hence the reason why I paid the upgrade so I can play it on my PS4.  Can't EA just send me a new code to put in on my PS4?

Message 3 of 11 (351 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

You need to go off the store and into notifications > downloads. I'm in the same situation here and there's nothing in the downloads for me anyway.

Message 4 of 11 (345 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Nothing...

I already downloaded it on my PS3 thinking it would automatically transfer over to my PS4, but it didn't. 

Can I have someone from EA please contact me!?  This is ridiculas, this game has been nothing but problems.

Message 5 of 11 (333 Views)

★★ Novice

Same situation the only option was to get a code to download a PS4 version

Check this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Bf4-china-rising-dlc-ps3-code-no-longer-valid-and-didn-t/m-p/...

Message 6 of 11 (323 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That doesn't help me when I ordered a digital copy, I never had a code to put in.

Message 7 of 11 (311 Views)

★★ Novice

I want to add that after yesterday patch for PS4 the multiplayer games no longer crash the game, looks playable now... they are getting there... just have to have patience. 

I stop playing it on his ridiculous crashing state... after realize there was a new patch I just try it again.... I will use that cycle as a rule in case goes wrong again....just to avoid the frustration....

Message 8 of 11 (307 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

dmonts45 see your point.... well just show them you pre-order it digitaly before the release date... that was the only way to get China Rising right?

Message 9 of 11 (300 Views)

@axlpj wrote:

Same situation the only option was to get a code to download a PS4 version

Check this post:

http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Bf4-china-rising-dlc-ps3-code-no-longer-valid-and-didn-t/m-p/...

Game Advisors are an excellent resource for code related matters.  Just for the rest of the people in the thread here is how to contact a game advisor like axlpj did:

1 Click on the following link: https://help.ea.com/contact-us
2 Make sure you are logged in (top right corner)
3 Click on the blue button "Contact a Game Advisor"
4 Enter the name of your game or product (or "Origin" for account-related issues) and click "Find Solutions"
5 Select the type of issue and the platform you play on, and click on "Find Solutions".
6 Click on the blue button "I still need help" if the FAQ articles do not apply to your situation.
7 Select a contact option. Note that you may get different contact options depending on your country.

I recommend that you use the telephone option and the “call me” option so you don't have to stay on hold for a long time (call back feature available to North America only).

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 10 of 11 (250 Views)