PS3 to PS4 China Rising Code..... EA says sorry your out of luck

by buckethead232

Original Post

Re: PS3 to PS4 China Rising Code..... EA says sorry your out of luck

★★★ Newbie
Maybe this is not the same problem but I bought the ps3 version of the game, then paid ten bucks for the upgrade. I was already a premium member, but couldn't get the China rising dlc from the store without paying for it either. I called EA, and they said it was a ps store issue. I called Sony, and they told me to look in the "library" section of the x media bar. Sure enough, the x Pac was sitting there, ready for download. If I had just looked in the store, I would have had to buy it again even though I was a premium member. Somehow the dlc link in the store doesn't recognize that it was purchased, but the ps4 does.
Message 11 of 20 (2,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie

at the beginning of this franchise they were ok because it was new but now that they are making all the money they just became greedy and does barely as nice work as they could just to make more money

Message 12 of 20 (2,074 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Yea this is totally bS man...i have been playing battlefield for long time and i am really disappointed at EA..not Dice, EA being greedy decided to release this game while still under development "To beat call of duty" they say...honestly i have had enough with EA i hope Dice becomes self independent like bungie and you can sue EA for false advertisement. I didn't not receive the dlc because "A console Upgrade"?, i payed 75 in total i could of just bought the ps4 version if i would of known and thats that....excluding the issues within the game like crashing every time menu not showing up etc problem goes on...What is EA thinking? I am a dumb consumer
Message 13 of 20 (2,007 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I just wish i could play it.  Ordered my PS4 on 02/01/2014, it arrived yesterday, 04/01/2014 at 5.30pm after waiting in all day, too afraid to walk to the shop incase i returned home to a   'Sorry we missed you'   card.  Connect it all up, Pulsing blue light of death.  DOA straight out the box.  Happy ending though, phoned Sony this morning and they are replacing my console this Tuesday, guy is coming to my house to pick the paperweight up whilst simultaneously handing me a brand spanking unit!! Which i hope for the love of god works

Message 14 of 20 (1,960 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Removed - Admin.]

Message 15 of 20 (1,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

[Removed - Admin.]

Message 16 of 20 (1,934 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I am so annoyed right now. I have only just got round to trying to download the China Rising DLC for my PS4 as doing the rounds with other games and got a bit pissed off with how glitchy both version of Battlefield 4 are (PS4 much worse). To find that I have been royally screwed and tottaly mislead into buying the upgrade or the whole game for that matter. I think I will be boycotting all EA games and not just the ever worsening Battlefield series. [Removed - Admin.]

Message 17 of 20 (1,839 Views)

Community Manager

In order to receive the Battlefield 4 Expansion Pack: China Rising on Gen 4, you need to have done either of the two following things:

• Pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for a Next Gen Console at full retail price.
  • Purchased Battlefield 4 Premium for either a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Console.

Please see the following Battlefield article for more information on upgrading from Current-Gen to Next-Gen: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

Please also see the following article for information on the benefits of Premium membership: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

barry.png
Message 18 of 20 (7,145 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

EA has ripped us off! I bought the PS3 version of Battlefield 4 to play until the PS4 released and they failed to mention a wait warning on the China Rising code. There is no way to redeem it on my PS4 and I no longer play on PS3 or even have it installed. There was not "wait to install warning" and EA should resolve this issue to it's customers!

Message 19 of 20 (1,620 Views)

★ Novice

Same here.

We've all been tricked By EA.

What's not faire is it's not explicitely written on the game Box nor the China Rising Coupon.

EA should make the efforts to give the upgrade for free to the customers in this position else they really don't care about us and will definitely Loose Credits.

I bought FIFA 14 on PS3 and had to buy it for PS4 paying the full price though there should have been the same upgrade for 10e offer. I was tricked once and now i'm getting tricked again, Bought BF4 for PS3, paid the ps4 Upgrade and i can't even enjoy the ridiculous China Rising Extension.

What's wrong with EA these days? 

Message 20 of 20 (1,490 Views)