PS3 to PS4 China Rising Code..... EA says sorry your out of luck

by buckethead232

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS3 to PS4 China Rising Code..... EA says sorry your out of luck

★★★★ Novice

I bought BF4 for my PS3, I waited to redeem my download code until after the PS4 came out and I utilized the 10 dollar upgrade to the PS4 version.

I go to download China Rising Today and it wont let me download for free.  Start an advisor chat and EA has evidently decided this afternoon that if you took this path to upgrade your game you are out of luck and have to pay 14.99 or buy Premium to get it.

So with the upgrade path I chose I am locked into keeping the PS3 disc (I cant sell it to recoup some of my money) and you are going to refuse to provide content which I paid for (It was promised as a condition of purchase).  I have two other friends who had the same problem earlier in the Day and where able to receive new codes.  

I have been holding off on purchasing premium due to all of the problems with this game, but I was looking forward to the new maps.  Well I guess I am going to hold off on spending anymore money on this nightmare of nothing but problems for now.

Here is the Chat Text:

info: Your approximate wait time is 2 minute.
info: You are now ready to chat with Manoj.
Manoj: Thanks for contacting EA Customer Experience, my name is Manoj. How may I assist you today?
Manoj: Hello J.
Manoj: How can I help you?
you: I am having problems trying to download my china rising expansion pack for the PS4, it says that I have already redeemed my code and I did when I purchased the game but it is saying that I need to add funds to my wallet to purchase it
you: It is showing under my Sony Entertainment Network account Transactions Details as having posted on 11-15-13. But I am unable to download it now.
Manoj: Okay.
Manoj: Have you upgraded the game from PS3 To PS4 version?
you: Yes I did
Manoj: In that case I am sorry to say that we can't help.
you: Why is that? I did not redeem this code on my PS3 I redeemed it on my PS4
Manoj: According to the latest updates , upgraded players have to purchase it.
Manoj: There are two conditions of getting the China Risings Expansion.
Manoj: 1-Customers should have pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for their Next Gen Console at full retail price.
Manoj: OR
Manoj: 2- Customers should have purchased Battlefield 4 Premium for either their Gen 3 or Gen 4 Console.
you: Who can I talk to about getting a refund for my digital upgrade, There was nothing advertised about not receiving the expansion pack via the digital upgrade. If I would have known that then I would have sold my PS3 version instead of doing the Digital upgrade
Manoj: And this point of time , I am not sure.
Manoj: You can wait for some time . Maybe there are some changes with this policy.
you: I have two other friends who had this same problem and spoke with someone earlier today and they received new codes, Was this policy just implemented? I am not trying to be a pain, but this is very frustrating, I have had nothing but problems with this game since its release, and now I am being told that the DLC that I purchased is not available because of the Upgrade Path that I took.
Manoj: As I said this is the update we got few hours back.
Manoj: I would rather suggest you to wait for some time.
you: Do you have any information on who I can contact to escalate my complaint?
Manoj: Currently there are no escalations regarding this .
Manoj: We deeply regret for the inconvenience.
Manoj: You can paste this in the forums.
you: Thank you Manoj While this hasnt been resolved for me you where nice. Thanks for your time.

Message 1 of 20 (38,683 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS3 to PS4 China Rising Code..... EA says sorry your out of luck

Community Manager

In order to receive the Battlefield 4 Expansion Pack: China Rising on Gen 4, you need to have done either of the two following things:

• Pre-ordered Battlefield 4 for a Next Gen Console at full retail price.
  • Purchased Battlefield 4 Premium for either a Gen 3 or Gen 4 Console.

Please see the following Battlefield article for more information on upgrading from Current-Gen to Next-Gen: http://blogs.battlefield.com/2013/09/upgrade-to-nextgen/

Please also see the following article for information on the benefits of Premium membership: http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4/premium

barry.png

View in thread

Message 18 of 20 (7,051 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Novice

Yeah, it's total horse **bleep**, if I had the money to do so I would most certainly take them to court over this. It's the same with people who bought it digitally on PS3 and upgraded, nope, sorry, Premium carries over, but not your DLC >.>

Message 2 of 20 (38,503 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have been playing the BF Series since it was released, and this is by far the worst experience that I have ever had,  The game itself looks amazing other then the Call of Duty ish features that they have added.  Unless EA makes this right I am going to question ever spending any money with them again after this (not just the CR DLC) The crap netcode causing constants lag, and other glitches and bugs.  I know my couple hundred dollars does not mean much in the bottom line of a company as large as EA, but when enough people get tired of getting screwed around and take their money elsewhere they will listen.

Message 3 of 20 (38,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

well at least i know now that ive been fu_ked and wont be getting the dlc i paid for when i preordered bf4. Way to go EA nice to leave out that part in the digital upgrade . which is kind of funny since i paid 65 for the game then another 10 for upgrade and you screw me . like he said if i had know i would have just traded it in and got the ps4 disc for an extra 5 bucks. 

Message 4 of 20 (38,472 Views)

★★ Novice

Sorry YOU'RE out of luck

Message 5 of 20 (38,196 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Bump

Message 6 of 20 (25,474 Views)

Message 7 of 20 (22,576 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have had Manoj now for about 4 service calls. While I hate to have to contact EA that much about a broken game this guy is nice and should get a pay raise. Also he does always seem to say the line 'you should wait some time' but maybe they all get payed to say that.
Message 8 of 20 (21,983 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Yes, the conversion is a joke, as it turns out, I could not multiplayer with a PS3 disc. (the advisor) Kept saying go to this site which told me to trade in my game for a PS4 version because of the conversion not working to the specification that it was design for. What a super *** joke. So I spent 60 for a PS3, 10 upgrade and then another 30 for the PS4 for multiplayer. Oh ya, spent another 50 for the Premium before this problem.

They told me that the PS3 conversion will play the story, but could not fix it for multi. LIKE I bought it only for the STORY, not!!

Anyways, this will be the last time i buy a battlefield from these people if this is how they treat us.

Now even with this game i can't join up with friends like in BF3 and its a long road to connect with friends by trying to jump into a low count server. There by making a semi-active server into a fully active server by 0.5 seconds. It fills sooo quickly that your get a message that says SERVER FULL, in no time flat.

What a waste, money grabbing company they have become. Like many things in this world, promises and truth are never kept.

Message 9 of 20 (21,964 Views)

★ Novice

Happend to me to.

EA has totally dropped the ball.

Message 10 of 20 (21,883 Views)