PS3 keeps losing connection to ea servers

by fujimoose

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS3 keeps losing connection to ea servers

★★★ Newbie
I'm about almost done playing battlefield on ps3 altogether because of this issue. It happens almost every time I play. I have a ps4 too and I play battlefield on it as well but I don't really experience this issue much on it. But ps3 it happens a lot. I tried just about everything. I even tried port forwarding and still this issue keeps on happening. I run on wifi and it's possible that the internet isn't running fast enough but it's Comcast.
Message 1 of 3 (7,416 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PS3 keeps losing connection to ea servers

Community Manager (retired)

Please try the following workarounds:

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select Restore File System.

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select Network Settings
  4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Turn off the Media Service connection can slower your PS3 internet connection (especially for downloading). 

Keep us updated.

Basti

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (7,405 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Please try the following workarounds:

1. Turn off Playstation 3.

2. Hold The power button down; The system will turn on and turn off once again.

3. Once the System has been shutdown, re-press you finger until you hear 2 consecutive beeps

4. When you hear the 2 beeps take finger off power button.

5. You will be promted to plug in your controller via usb and then hit the PS button

6. The Recovery menu will pop up.

7. Select Restore File System.

The Media Server Connection allows other devices to connect to your PLAYSTATION 3. Often, the Media Server Connection is known to cause issues when players try to connect to the Internet for online game play.

1. Access your Xross Media Bar menu
  2. Navigate to Settings
  3. Select Network Settings
  4. Select Media Server Connection and choose the Disable option.

Turn off the Media Service connection can slower your PS3 internet connection (especially for downloading). 

Keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 3 (7,406 Views)

★ Novice
I did system restore and shut off media server. Still lose connection with ea. This is my grandsons ps3 and it works fine on my Verizon internet connection, which is slow. His family has comcast high speed internet he should have a much better gaming experience. Internet test 100%. His brothers ps3 does this too. However his brother recently bought a ps4 which works fine.
We sat here at my house side by side both on Verizon internet and we can play fine. No problems
Message 3 of 3 (5,654 Views)