PC punkbuster kicking after windows 8.1

by dragoman51

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PC punkbuster kicking after windows 8.1

★★★★★ Novice

Hello, so i installed windows 8.1 and now i wanted to play battlefield 4 and when i join a server i can play for like 10seconds but then punkbuster will kick me and the red box says this:

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'dragoman51' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe

Anyone has a solution?

Message 1 of 3 (624 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: PC punkbuster kicking after windows 8.1

Hero (Retired)

If you receive an error telling you that your Punkbuster is either out of date or not installed when trying to start your game:
Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
In _Installer, find and navigate into the Punkbuster folder, and from there, into the redist folder.
Find and run pbsvc.exe to update or repair your Punkbuster installation.

If the above folders don’t exist in your installation:
Head to punkbuster.com and click the Download PBSetup button, and select the option “For All Windows Games."
Open pbsetup.zip, then run pbsetup.exe. Accept the EULA, follow the instructions, update PunkBuster, and then click Add a Game.
In the drop down menu, select Battlefield 4, then Add Game, and finally, before trying to run Battlefield 4 again, Check for Updates.
If you are kicked from your game and receive the error, PunkBuster kicked player 'your name' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe),” the above steps will help resolve your issues as well.

If you receive the error "GAME HACK #89265" when trying to join a game, and are then prevented from joining:
Working with EvenBalance, we've confirmed that this error "may be triggered by non-cheat software."

More information can be found on the PunkBuster Battlefield 4 page. If you continue to have problems involving GAME HACK #89265, please contact Evenbalance support to solve your issue.

------------------------------------------------- ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ -------------------------------------------------

Did my post solve your question? Please Click "Accept as Solution" & "XP" Button to award me!
It will help other people finding the solution too!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (651 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

If you receive an error telling you that your Punkbuster is either out of date or not installed when trying to start your game:
Head to the Battlefield 4 installation folder, C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 by default, then find the _Installer folder.
In _Installer, find and navigate into the Punkbuster folder, and from there, into the redist folder.
Find and run pbsvc.exe to update or repair your Punkbuster installation.

If the above folders don’t exist in your installation:
Head to punkbuster.com and click the Download PBSetup button, and select the option “For All Windows Games."
Open pbsetup.zip, then run pbsetup.exe. Accept the EULA, follow the instructions, update PunkBuster, and then click Add a Game.
In the drop down menu, select Battlefield 4, then Add Game, and finally, before trying to run Battlefield 4 again, Check for Updates.
If you are kicked from your game and receive the error, PunkBuster kicked player 'your name' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe),” the above steps will help resolve your issues as well.

If you receive the error "GAME HACK #89265" when trying to join a game, and are then prevented from joining:
Working with EvenBalance, we've confirmed that this error "may be triggered by non-cheat software."

More information can be found on the PunkBuster Battlefield 4 page. If you continue to have problems involving GAME HACK #89265, please contact Evenbalance support to solve your issue.

------------------------------------------------- ᕤ◕◡◕ ༽ᕤ -------------------------------------------------

Did my post solve your question? Please Click "Accept as Solution" & "XP" Button to award me!
It will help other people finding the solution too!

Message 2 of 3 (652 Views)

Hero

Upgrading to Win8.1 indeed ruins the already installed Punkbuster installation. Reinstall and make sure to add PnkBstrA + PnkBstrB to the windows firewall.

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 3 (620 Views)