PC battlefield 4 unplayable

by YottaBot

Original Post

PC battlefield 4 unplayable

★★★ Newbie

So i downloaded battlefield 4 a few days ago clicked on the 'play' button  and it loaded the browser thing fine. i instaled the pluggin and the game began loadin. about 10 seconds in the loading screen froze and the game 'stopped working'. after updating my graphics card drivers i managed to fix this issue but now when i join a server and deploy all i can see is the sky, flashing shapes, rainbows and white streaks. i have looked at some fixes on the internet and find only "update your graphics card drivers" but as i have just explained, done that. is my computer not compatable? it seemed to exceed not only the minimum but the recomended specs. im guessing its something wrong with my graphics card so here it is: Radeon (TM) HD 7670M. im sorry forthe lack of info but i have no idea what is causing this so if someone could narrow it down ill post more details.

Thanks

Message 1 of 6 (334 Views)

Re: PC battlefield 4 unplayable

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

I found a solution that worked for me:

IF YOU HAVE TEAMVIEWER, exit it.

1. Go into the game, but don't deploy
2. Press ESC to go into options > video
3. Reset settings, set graphics to AUTO and click on APPLY.
4. Press ESC and click SAVE.

Message 2 of 6 (325 Views)

[ Edited ]

We'll need a bit more information than just your GPU. Please list your RAM, Processor, the driver version of your GPU drivers (Beta or WHQL). Do you get any other error codes or error messages?

It also may help us if you run a dxdiag to see if there are any hidden faults and you also might want to right click the BF4 icon in your origin client and select "repair" to see if the problem persists after the repair.

Are you playing on a laptop?  if you are that may be the problem if you aren't playing on a bonafide gaming laptop that has both a standard and high performance GPU since most standard laptop GPUs cannot handle games like BF3 and BF4.

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 3 of 6 (307 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I am playing on a laptop. Is that the problem? It's not really a gaming laptop just a HP envy M6
Message 4 of 6 (294 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Thanks.
It didn't work but it did make it better which I'm guessing by the fact that auto changed everything to low mean that my computer just isn't good enough. Frown
Message 5 of 6 (289 Views)

★★★ Newbie
My RAM is: 8gb
Processor: Intel Core i7-3632qm CPU, 2.20ghz
Graphics: Intel HD Graphics 4000
Driver version: 8.982.10.6000
There is also a: Radeon HD 7670m
Driver version: 8.982.10.6000

I have repaired the game and nothing happened.
Message 6 of 6 (285 Views)