PC PLATFORM: Game will not launch after installation.

by vicmorr0w

Original Post

PC PLATFORM: Game will not launch after installation.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Just purchased the game and when I click either icon to start the game, NOTHING happens.  I quickly get the spinning circle that Windows provides telling me that something happened, but it goes away and nothing happens.  I searched the Q&A area and found the information below which I've done all of, and still can't get the game to start.

Processor:  Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU  950 @ 3.07 GHz  3.06 GHz

Installed Memory:  6.00 GB

System type:  64-Bit operating System

Video Card:  AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series

I've DONE all this below

-Do a repair install of the game in Origin. In origin right click your game and from drop down choose repair install.
-That you've installed latest version of punkbuster (punkbuster.com).
- make sure that your firewall isn't preventing game from launching.
-Reinstall DirectX.

1:go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\__Installer\directx\redist
2:Find file named DXSETUP.exe and double click it (while connected to the internet). Install it. It should update your DirectX install.
3: You might need to reboot computer first.
4: try to launch game.

EDIT: Fixed install path.

-If you are using a 64bit operating system make sure you're running the X64 version of the game.
Start Origin, Right Click on BF4 game to select 'game properties', and choose X64 in the 'when launching this game' drop down menu.

-Your Microsoft C++ redistributables (or lack of certain ones) might be causing the problem.
1. Download this file - download link http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/VC-Redist-Installer-Download-216678.html [softpedia.com]
2. Run the file.
3. In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game.
4. Restart PC
5. Try to play the game now.
The above file installs all the C++ redistributables in one package. Windows update can sometimes miss some of them which prevents the game from starting and causes it to crash while loading (the whitescreen and error message your getting).

Message 1 of 1 (91 Views)