[PC] Lag spikes after Fall Patch

by P4PUS

Original Post

Re: [PC] Lag spikes after Fall Patch

★★ Novice

Same for me ran find before the update .  Runs terrible now can't play sometimes I can't even move

Message 21 of 25 (438 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Glad to see there's a growing thread about this issue.  Game worked fine for me before the big patch, now it's unplayable with constant, consistent and regular freezes every 20 seconds or so.

Message 22 of 25 (428 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Okay, seems that for me it's FRAPS running that is causing the seeming lag spikes.  I've always used it before and without any problems with BF4 nor any other games.  Now, BF4 only works without FRAPS running.  So, I suggest you don't run any background programs, as few as you can, as BF4 has now apparently become hyper sensitive to them or may it's some DirectX interaction with FPS measuring programs that's interfering with the game somehow.

Message 23 of 25 (407 Views)

★ Novice

what the heck man, sensitive? DICE or whoever should hire people who can program or give time for programmers not to push new games out. Anyway yes, I have same problem. Before worked nicely. Ultra playable, Medium fantastic now lag spikes even on low. all programs shut down, all grpahics turned off and this **bleep**!

Message 24 of 25 (393 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I had the same issues as you all have, regarding lag spikes and happening at a higher frequency, making gaming very difficult.

However, I have managed to SOLVE IT! All you have to do is to install the Battlefield 4 Fall Update through Origin, and then all your problems with spikes should hopefully be resolved.

Good Luck!

EDIT - My apologies, it appears I was premature about having a solution after playing a round after installing the Fall Update. It most certainly is not fixed!!!

EDIT 2 - Played more and noticed that it happens on some maps more and others little or not at all. Which kinda sucks, but I am sure that DICE will eventually fix it.

Message 25 of 25 (230 Views)