[PC] Game Update Notes [Dec 16]

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

[PC] Game Update Notes [Dec 16]

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

The game update for PC is now live. Please read down below for change notes.

We’ve rolled out a new PC game update and will continue to make improvements based on your feedback. The update includes fixes with the aim to increase the general stability of the game, and eliminates bugs that you may have experienced. It also includes an improvement to the so-called “Netcode”.

UPDATE: We have noticed that players who have SLI enabled on their graphics card may experience graphical flickering. Also, we're looking into the issue where the revive bar would get stuck on-screen in some instances. Both of these have our attention, and we're investigating them.

Dec 16 PC Game Update Notes
-Fix for a crash that would cause the game to stall, resulting in a sound loop. This should eliminate most of the problems relating to this.
-Fix for the SUAV (introduced in the China Rising expansion pack) not exploding when hitting enemy soldiers. While these indeed should be deadly, they were never designed for “roadkilling” opponents.
-Fixed one of the issues related to the so-called “Netcode” (see below for details)
-Fix for player tags not always showing when needed to, resulting in players shooting team members.
-Fix for graphical flickering appearing on terrain.
-Fixed the instance where players suddenly would transition into Spectator Mode while playing the Defuse game mode.
-Fix for a Defuse bug where none of the teams would win a round by letting the timer run out. -Fix for players getting stuck in the revive screen after being killed.
-Fix for players getting stuck in the kill camera after being revived.
-Fix for the game mode specific ribbons being counted twice in the multiplayer progression.
-Made the NVidia 331.82 driver version mandatory for all players.
-Disabled DirectX 11.1 on NVidia cards that have outdated drivers.
-Fixed driver version not being properly detected on NVidia Optimus systems.
-Fixed a minor crash that could occur when bringing up the scoreboard.
-Fix for the issue where the game would get stuck in loading screen when players tried to join a Second Assault map without actually owning Second Assault.

“Netcode” improvement

We’ve addressed the so called “Kill trading”. This refers to when two players fire at each other and, seemingly, both die at the same time. The time window where a bullet could cause damage from an already dead player is now calculated as intended, decreasing the timeframe when players with high latency could get a kill, even though they should be dead according to the server.

Message 1 of 33 (2,469 Views)

Re: [INFO] PC Update 16/12/2013

★★★★ Novice

And yet..No fix so far for:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf4.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 529e0a4d
Fault Module Name: bf4.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 529e0a4d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000ae6e7a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2e51
Additional Information 2: 2e5174dd84c9d722762f089923e30374
Additional Information 3: 7939
Additional Information 4: 7939061078cc6c9105dbb9dee13f6df8

..still crashing to despktop with this error and ive seen quite a bit of other people with the same problem...but no real help as to what is causing it...

Message 2 of 33 (2,426 Views)

Hero

@ParalyzedDolphin wrote:

And yet..No fix so far for:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: bf4.exe
Application Version: 1.0.0.1
Application Timestamp: 529e0a4d
Fault Module Name: bf4.exe
Fault Module Version: 1.0.0.1
Fault Module Timestamp: 529e0a4d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000ae6e7a
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 2e51
Additional Information 2: 2e5174dd84c9d722762f089923e30374
Additional Information 3: 7939
Additional Information 4: 7939061078cc6c9105dbb9dee13f6df8

..still crashing to despktop with this error and ive seen quite a bit of other people with the same problem...but no real help as to what is causing it...

Well, the patchnotes never said it would correct this error. So no wonder it's not fixed in this patch. Hopefully the next though - along with the memory leak issue as those are my top 2 things they need fixing Standard smile

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 33 (2,418 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Bought BF4 and found myself requesting a refund in about 30 minutes. Origin can't even launch successfully. 

I don't have the commitment to the BF franchise to invest hours of frustration and learn program language for something that should be usable out of the box. 

Good luck EA. I'll stick with COD. 

Message 4 of 33 (2,364 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Having trouble installing the update.  It downloads fine, but right before it finishes, it automatically pauses and refuses to install.  I've tried to resume the update, and it'll briefly flash on, then return to its paused state after about a second as if nothing happened.  

Probably related is the fact that I can't log out of Origin because it claims that BF4 is still running.  There is, as far as I can tell, no process related to BF4 in the task manager and I haven't played in over 24 hours, so I'm not sure why it thinks there's still something open.  I've had issues with the game saying that it's still open (and refusing to let me join servers) after crashing or leaving a match on occasion, but this is definitely the longest it's lasted.  It'll usually figure itself out after a few minutes (still annoying though).  A restart fixes it, but it's pretty annoying to have to restart so often just to get this game to work properly.

Edit: got it to work by closing the Origin Client Service (or something like that) and client in task manager, then reopening Origin.  Basically just a forced logout.  Someone should still look into the issue of BF4 not closing properly though.

Message 5 of 33 (2,344 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'm glad you guys are taking notice. My system falls below mid standards to run this. This last patch really messed me up. I had to shut off the SLI to make it work. Hopefully, the next one will fix it.

EVGA 780i

Q9550 @ 2.90 mhz

Football EVGA 560 Ti SC

8 gb ram

Message 6 of 33 (2,336 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Previous to today I had 0 problems.  Now I crash within 30 mins of starting.  Is there a specific place to go to post crash log data?

Radeon R9 290

i7 930

16 GB ram

Message 7 of 33 (2,331 Views)

★★★ Newbie
thanks guys. You managed to bring back the memory leaks with this update.
Message 8 of 33 (2,313 Views)

★★ Novice

Getting kicked out of every game, not 10%, not 50%, but 100%... I have had minimal problems up until today... I have re-installed BF4, and uninstalled all other versions of BF, including Betas, I have re-installed punk-buster, I have moved punkbuster to windows/system32 as indicated in a help file supported by EA/Dice for BF3...

I have done packet captures, and it appears, my PC is still sending out requests, but the servers stop replying to me, this indicates a server side problem, whatever the problem is, it has wasted hours of my life, my free tiem, not time I'm paid for. So please, spend the time of your day, that you are paid for, and resolve the issue, the game has become un-playable.

If you cannot find a solution to he problem, please provide users a clear and easy way to request refunds. I would be happy with either solution.

Message 9 of 33 (2,309 Views)

★★★ Newbie

After this update, now I have problem being kicked out every game for PnkBstrB.exe failed to initialize. And I tried every possible way to revise it, I reinstalled the punkbuster over and over again, and it just cannot be solved.

Message 10 of 33 (2,302 Views)