[PC] Downloaded SA, but told I need to buy Premium when trying to join SA server

by NickSeafort

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Downloaded SA, but told I need to buy Premium when trying to join SA server

★★★ Novice

Hey guys, I've had a search about on here and the forums but not managed to find anything about this specifically.

I had BF4 installed on my boot SSD with 6GB of space spare prior to SA. I downloaded SA on release this morning, it completed the download with 1.6GB to spare on the drive. I tried to launch a SA server, and immediately got a popup saying that "EXPANSION PACK REQUIRED", and directing me to either buy the DLC or get Premium.

As I already have Premium, I decided that possibly something was wonky with the download or Origin. Intending to repair+restart,  I ran a repair on the game only to have it then completely choke my drive with additional files and literally fill it to the brim - cue restart to resolve the resulting I/O errors in my OS. I then decide to move BF4 temporarily to another HDD, and relocate the game directory in Origin. Of course, when I then move BF4 to the new location, it doesn't recognise it and wants to download it fresh... *sigh*

Total redownload of BF4, CR, SA. Run a repair immediately on completion, all fine. Restart computer. Launch battlelog, get into a vanilla server straight away. Try to launch a SA server, popup saying "EXPANSION PACK REQUIRED!".... Battlelog still obviously thinks I'm Premium, as it lets me into the Premium sections of the site etc, so does anyone know how I can sort this **bleep** out? :/

Message 1 of 2 (130 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Downloaded SA, but told I need to buy Premium when trying to join SA server

★★★ Novice

And no sooner do I post this than I find an apparent fix:

In the Origin "My Games" window, open the info page for BF4 and then scroll to the bottom. Right click the SA art, and then click play - and magically it works through Battlelog then!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (131 Views)

All Replies

Re: [PC] Downloaded SA, but told I need to buy Premium when trying to join SA server

★★★ Novice

And no sooner do I post this than I find an apparent fix:

In the Origin "My Games" window, open the info page for BF4 and then scroll to the bottom. Right click the SA art, and then click play - and magically it works through Battlelog then!

Message 2 of 2 (132 Views)