PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

by Lizardllluminati

Original Post

PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I get this problem more than 50% of the time when I try to join a BF4 multiplayer game.  I wait in the queue, it counts down.  The the game launches, the desktop and browser go away to the game, I have the blinking cursor in the top right corner for about 15-20 seconds, then it returns me to the browser with the error at the bottom where my queue position used to be saying,

"Error
Game disconnected: could not join server."

This happens more than 50% of the time.  

I do not see this type of symptom/problem listed in the Dec 3 patch.  

Intel 3770K, 6850 @ 1650x1080 Catalyst 13.9, 16GB DDR3, Win7 patched. OS and game installed to Sandisk Extreme SSD.  This same system has no problems with BF3 since this system has been assembled (about 9 months).

Message 1 of 125 (64,896 Views)

Re: PC:BF4 "Error Game disconnected: could not join server."

★★ Novice

Yea it's funny, because not all servers do it to me, only certain ones. Well a fix will come eventually here is to 2015

Message 2 of 125 (63,551 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi, 

-Make sure that you've installed/reinstalled latest version of Punkbuster.
http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php

Install advice for Punkbuster https://help.ea.com/uk/article/punkbuster-technical-issues
Link provided courtesy of Libever http://answers.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-4/Hello-I-got-kicked-out-of-every-server-I-joined-today/m-p/190...

Message 3 of 125 (63,545 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This happens to me with Team Deathmatch. Domination seems to work around %75 of the time. 

Message 4 of 125 (62,870 Views)

★★ Novice

For me, I am able to join the game, then, after about a couple of minutes, the screen would just go black and a cursor on the top right would blink. I would get the same error. Just annoying cos sometimes im like 20 mins into the game, sometimes with a 10-15+ kill streak, then this would happen. I have already updated my punkbuster, but would still get the same problem. Any fixes?

Message 5 of 125 (62,583 Views)

★ Novice

I had this exact problem, where I would join a server and play for anything between 5 and 20 minutes then the balck screen with the flashing icon would pop up and I would be exited to windows where it would give me the can't connect to EA error. This I found ONLY happens on regular ranked servers. It doesn't at all happen on the official servers, where I can play all night without a hitch. I also found that it is because somehow when ever it happens something is cutting my actual internet connection for a few seconds then it comes back after I get the error.

This is really annoying and is obviously something to do with the different servers and something to do with the game, my internet is always stable, until I join a regular ranked server.

Message 6 of 125 (62,090 Views)

★★★ Novice

I had never had this problem until the last update a few days ago... Now I can't join most servers, or get kicked a few second/minutes into a server.  Pretty sure this is not a problem on my end, since it just started happening after the newest patch...

Message 7 of 125 (61,901 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same exact problem. Does anyone have any fixes? It's getting really frustrating.

Message 8 of 125 (61,741 Views)

★ Novice

Exact same issue here. Just started playing today for the first time in a week (so the only change I know of is the patch) and now every game I join I get kicked from after 1 - 5 min of play. Just goes to black screen with cursor box flashing in top right. Then I am looking at battlelog and see "Could not join server Soccer ball" in a red banner at the bottom of the screen.... what is this?

Message 9 of 125 (61,502 Views)

★ Novice

It is EA "feature", previously known as bug in software. It used to be called bug and that indicated that software company would eventually fix it and it would go away. But Micro$oft revolutionalized software development by starting to call bugs as "feature" this way there was no pressure to fix them and customers understood that it's just something they have to live with if they use this software.

Reinstalling, VC++ libraries or manually running punkbuster update does not help in most cases.    

Message 10 of 125 (61,027 Views)