PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

by stillsleek

Original Post

Re: PC: BF4 Campaign Crashes and Problems

★★ Novice

I had the EXACT same problem. Updating my Microsoft Redistributable package cleared up the error. 

Message 11 of 42 (2,301 Views)

★★★ Newbie

How did you update MS redistributable?  what is it?

Message 12 of 42 (2,140 Views)

★★ Novice

Seriously? EA/DICE?  Everyone is crashing at the same point in the game; the Damn Dam!  Why don't you have a fix for this? My $60 game is now worth about $2.00...Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrggghhhh

Windows 8.1

AMD FX 9370  8 core overclocked to 4.6

Sapphire Dual X R9 280X (13.9 and 13.11)

Asus Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0

16 Gigs RAM

(all latest drives installed)

Message 13 of 42 (2,118 Views)

★ Novice

Outboardmoon, can you please provide info on how to update the microsoft redistributable?  I'm having the same problem.  Thanks!

Message 14 of 42 (2,073 Views)

★★ Novice

I'm having problems between every mission, during or after cinematic animations. Not only at this stage.

I tried put the specs down, to medium, disabling nvidia experience optimization.

i5 2500k

16gb RAM

Nvidia 650ti boost 2gb

windows 8 64bit pro

Error message by DirectX:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3ht32xksnq03rc3/nvidia%20bf4%20error.jpg

Message 15 of 42 (1,909 Views)

★★ Novice

Same issues, so for now I have no idea how this game ends.... 

Message 16 of 42 (1,683 Views)

★★ Novice

My Windows 8 is 100% updated. Microsoft Redistributable package idem. The problem persists in almost every checkpoint.

Message 17 of 42 (1,672 Views)

★★ Novice

I now have no problems whatsoever with BF4 PC. I'm not sure if it was something that I did or something EA/DICE did. I do know that the last thing I tried was updating my BIOS but I also remember a short update from Origin as well that may have contributed to the fix.

All BF4 Video settings are on ULTRA. It has not crashed yet. In fact, it plays better than any other game that I have and is the best looking and most realistic game on the market.

Message 18 of 42 (1,668 Views)

★★ Novice

ramasix, that error is obviously generated from your GPU and not your CPU which is what most crashes stem from.  Have you updated your BIOS?

Message 19 of 42 (1,667 Views)

★★ Novice

For sure. Everything was updated on my PC. I didn't experienced any problems on BF4 BETA and I played for hours, with the same hardware and software. So, i'm waiting a Fix from EA/Dice or new drivers from Nvidia while looking for other solutions in EA/Nividia foruns.

Message 20 of 42 (1,648 Views)