Origin says Battlefield 4 is not installed

by henkfiets1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin says Battlefield 4 is not installed

★ Novice

Hi,

When I try to start Battlefield 4 via Origin, Origin says my game is not installed. When I try to start it via Battlelog, it says the same. When I go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4\ and try to start bf4.exe or bf4_x86.exe, Origin starts and says to me that Battlefield 4 is not installed. I only have a download button. When I proceed the download button, it will download 30 GB again, and not any patch or something. I deleted nothing and I moved nothing either. I called to the EA support centre, but they said the only fix is to redownload the game. 30GB takes a little bit long to download over here.

How can I fix this problem? I played it yesterday, and the next day I get this error. I did nothing.

Thanks Standard smile

Message 1 of 3 (4,515 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin says Battlefield 4 is not installed

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try exiting Origin, then moving the BF4 installation folder somewhere else, then start the 30GB download again and let it download for 1 minute and then exit Origin.

Then move the folder back into the installation folder. Start Origin again. Origin will now finish the install after having verified the new files.

carbonic signature

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (5,464 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

Try exiting Origin, then moving the BF4 installation folder somewhere else, then start the 30GB download again and let it download for 1 minute and then exit Origin.

Then move the folder back into the installation folder. Start Origin again. Origin will now finish the install after having verified the new files.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 3 (5,465 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So.. Install it.. I don't think thats too much to ask for from the program trying to be my games library.

Message 3 of 3 (3,076 Views)