Re: Origin lags my computer while downloading

by Carbonic

Original Post

Origin lags my computer while downloading

★★ Novice

In the last couple of days i've been trying to download Battlefield 4 that i bought some days ago with a physical copy. Whenever i start download everything works fine, but after some time passes my download speed goes from 800 KBps to 4-6 MBps and my laptop starts to crash. I have a quite good laptop and i dont think there can be a problem just by downloading...

I didn't try any other game download lately but with the previous downloads it worked fine..

I have Refreshed my Laptop through Windows 10 Refresh, i run everyday Disk Clean Up,Malwarebytes and Avira Antivirus and they dont seem to help at all. I have also cleaned my %temp% and prefetch folder from some useless files. My PC is like 20% full only...

Laptop Specs: (Since im not really a hardware genius i will not get in specifics)
Windows 10

Nvidia Geforce GT 470M (FUlly updated)

Intel i7-4700MQ 2.40 GHz (Updated graphics drivers)

8GB Ram

Message 1 of 4 (1,633 Views)

Hero

If you run any scans while downloading that can easily tax your harddrive so it lags.

carbonic signature

Message 2 of 4 (1,622 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have a pretty souped up hot rod of a desktop gaming PC and Origin flat out crashes it during downloads.

The only way I can download from Origin is to underclock and overvolt my CPU during the download.

It's definitely an Origin issue and has been for years. They have absolutely no interest in fixing it since it effects a minority.

Message 3 of 4 (1,611 Views)

Hero

You can always enable safe mode downloading in the settings and see if that helps.

carbonic signature

Message 4 of 4 (1,606 Views)