Origin in game doesn't work

by TheAttackGoose

Original Post

Origin in game doesn't work

★ Novice

I am unable to open Origin in Game Overlay while playing BF4 I have tried the following:

- enabled it in origin (origin-application settings-origin in game)
- verified it is not disable for BF4 specifically (right click on game in origin-game properties)
- tried in windowed mode /w vsync turned on and off
- run Origin as administrator
- changed key binding to open origin in game

- manually uninstalled Origin and reinstalled

This issue is most annoying, thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.

Message 1 of 4 (309 Views)

Re: Origin in game doesn't work

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

I moved your post to the BF4 area to get you more help. Sadly origin in game does have its issues for  some people and it is one of the settings I tell people to turn off as BF4 runs  nicer with it off  along with other settings. But to try and help you with this give this a try please.

Some of the settings I am on about you did already but I will put them at the end of this post if you want to give them a try as they just seem to make BF4 run more smooth when they are all used. BTW good job on trouble shooting you did so far.

C:\Users\your PC Name\Documents\Battlefield 4

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues. Even if its not a new install it is still worth trying as the game cfg could be mucked up.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop for now.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game. If it fails reboot your PC and run repair game again and test BF4.

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x64)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

Make Sure BF4 is set to 64bit if your windows is 64bit
1- open origin and go to My Games
2-Right click BF4 and go to Game Properties
3-Under when launching this game set it to x64 and check off disable origin in game.
4- Hit apply REBOOT your PC and then test your BF4

Reboot PC test BF4

Message 2 of 4 (299 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for the steps but unfortunately still no origin in game overlay.

Message 3 of 4 (274 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Did you set it up in Origin? 

Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - turn it up.

Message 4 of 4 (260 Views)