Origin could not start up (-5ef7ffff): The LSX server didn't respond within the set timeout.

by Flawii

Original Post

Origin could not start up (-5ef7ffff): The LSX server didn't respond within the set timeout.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I'll be creating a new topic to give the actual error that shows up. I've emailed support, but no answer yet.

I've done: Disable firewall & antivirus, opened ports from my firewall, reinstalled both, tried starting those from different hdd.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit.

Battlefield 3 works just fine and all of the other games work just fine.

Please help, I'd love to be able to play Beta now.

I'd love to get people to bump up this message so the staff would see this quicker. Least that we could play in the open beta: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065670089475452/

Message 1 of 17 (27,269 Views)

Re: Origin could not start up (-5ef7ffff): The LSX server didn't respond within the set timeout.

★★★ Newbie

Hi, I'm Italian and sorry if I write bad but use the translator, I have the same problem and I'm going crazy because I want to play the beta, there is a solution to the problem?

Message 2 of 17 (27,111 Views)

Re: Origin could not start up (-5ef7ffff): The LSX server didn't respond within the set timeout.

★★★ Newbie

Hi,I am Japanese and I have same problem.

I use chat support, but the supporter said he don't have solution...

I have WindowsHP64bit and I re-download and re-install Origin and BF4 but this problem does not be fixed.

I WANT TO PLAY!!!

Message 3 of 17 (27,089 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello,

Please check this tutorial i found for you maybe its going to help some of you http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/9008834.page

Regards, Libever 

Message 4 of 17 (26,943 Views)

★★ Apprentice

same issue here too.

Win7 x64 ent sp1

IE 10.0.9200.16686 or chromium 27.0.1434.0

doesn't matter it firewall is on or off

doesn't matter if Origin is launched as admin or not

getting flashbacks to the BF3 and me3 launches!

Message 5 of 17 (26,902 Views)

★★ Apprentice

from the log:

from the log:

**153    Oct 4 19:34:17.113  Error     Origin::Services::ProcessWin::createProcess                   6760      Open Path (D:\games\Battlefield 4 Beta\bf4.exe)
**154    Oct 4 19:34:17.114  Warning   Origin::Services::ProcessWin::createProcess               6760      CreateProcessW(D:\games\Battlefield 4 Beta\bf4.exe) Handle: 7368  bProcSuccess: t   LastError: 0
**155    Oct 4 19:34:17.636  Warning   Origin::Services::ProcessWin::waitForProcessGroup  6500      Resuming new process main thread. ProcessWin: 0x00001c18  Thread: 0x000025a8
**156    Oct 4 19:34:17.636  Warning   Origin::Services::ProcessList::getExeNameFromPID  6500      Error: Could not convert to long path name. LastError: 3

sorry, can't work out how to disable the conversion to gimpy smiley graphics instead of text

Message 6 of 17 (26,744 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same here.,,,,, Origin is a great programm.....i am  loving steam more and more

Message 7 of 17 (26,733 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Message 8 of 17 (26,600 Views)

★★ Apprentice

not for me unfortunately.

Message 9 of 17 (26,478 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Ok, it seems like origin/BF4 doesn't like setting Windows' RWIN autotuning levels above 'normal'.  Be nice if that could be sorted out for those of us on large BDP networks.

Set it from an elevated command prompt with:

netsh int tcp set global autotuninglevel=normal

You may need to tinker with the other settings there.  These work for me, but you'll have different network devices in the chain:

D:\>netsh int tcp show global
Querying active state...

TCP Global Parameters
----------------------------------------------
Receive-Side Scaling State : enabled
Chimney Offload State : automatic
NetDMA State : enabled
Direct Cache Acess (DCA) : enabled
Receive Window Auto-Tuning Level : normal
Add-On Congestion Control Provider : ctcp
ECN Capability : enabled
RFC 1323 Timestamps : disabled