Origin - PC - Can't play Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion

by eendii

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Origin - PC - Can't play Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion

★ Novice

Hi all,

I purchased Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe and have just recently finished the BF4 Campaign.
Now I want to continue with the China Rising Expansion Campaign but having troubles finding how to play the Expansion Pack.

From the Origin client, I clicked on "My Games" > "Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition" and click on the grey "I" button. I have installed China Rising and if I hover or click on the box image under Expansions, a pop-up appears with "Play" button that if I click will open Internet Explorer with the Battlefield 4 - Battle log. Clicking on the campaign tab open up the standard Battlefield 4 campaigns and no China Rising Expansions.

If I click on "Store", it says "You own this" for the China Rising Expansion Pack.

How do I play the China Rising Expansion campaigns?

Please Help ... !

Message 1 of 9 (4,170 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Origin - PC - Can't play Battlefield 4 China Rising Expansion

★★★ Guide

Hello eendii,

All the BF4 DLCs, including the China Rising one, only offer online-playable/usable content. 

For the china rising DLC, you will be able to play the 4 new Maps, und unlock 5 new weapons and 10 new assignements including thir unlocks.

View in thread

Message 6 of 9 (4,621 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)

Have you already tried to repair your China Rising expansion with a right-mousebutton click on the CR icon in your mygames library? I also recommend to re-install your Battlelog web-plugin and to try a different browser. If you still have issues, please check your Battlefield folder in /OriginGames/Battlefield4/Update for the Xpack01 folder. Delete it in order to remove China Rising from your game installer and re-install it via Origin.

Please keep us updated.

Basti

Message 2 of 9 (4,158 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Basti, thanks for the reply.

I tried re-installing the whole thing -- uninstalled BF4 and Origin, and then installing it again in the following order:  Origin, BF4, China Rising Expansion ... but same thing happens.

And btw, if I go to profile in Battlelog, both small icons for BF4 and China Rising (plane icon) appears above the "Edit Profile" button. But in the "Soldiers" section, only BF4 icon appears under my soldier name ... no China Rising icon.

Or maybe I misunderstood the Expansion ... Does it also offer new campaign and story, or just new multiplayer maps and new vehicles?

Please help ... Thanks,

-eendii

Message 3 of 9 (4,152 Views)

★ Novice

I had the same problem and this is what i did and it work.

Next check out these steps below: 1. Log out and fully exit Origin 2. Open your Registry Editor - Type in regedit on the Start Menu Search field and press Enter 3. Navigate through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Wow6432Node > EA Games > Battlefield 4 4. Check if there is a folder named Xpack1 under Battlefield 4 If YES -> Click on Xpack1, on the right panel check if there is a string named Installed, the Value data should be True If NO - right-click on Battlefield 4 > New > Key - a new folder will be created, name it Xpack1 - right-click on Xpack1 > New > String Value > name it Installed - on the right-pane, double-click on Installed, set Value Data to True 5. Exit Registry Editor 6. Log in to Origin and Join China Rising Maps

@eendii wrote:

Hi all,

I purchased Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe and have just recently finished the BF4 Campaign.
Now I want to continue with the China Rising Expansion Campaign but having troubles finding how to play the Expansion Pack.

From the Origin client, I clicked on "My Games" > "Battlefield 4 Digital Deluxe Edition" and click on the grey "I" button. I have installed China Rising and if I hover or click on the box image under Expansions, a pop-up appears with "Play" button that if I click will open Internet Explorer with the Battlefield 4 - Battle log. Clicking on the campaign tab open up the standard Battlefield 4 campaigns and no China Rising Expansions.

If I click on "Store", it says "You own this" for the China Rising Expansion Pack.

How do I play the China Rising Expansion campaigns?

Please Help ... !

Message 4 of 9 (4,141 Views)

★ Novice

Hi Cyris, thanks for the reply and guidance.

I tried the steps and my registry already have the Xpack1 with Installed already have value "True".

But then again, maybe I am looking for something that doesn't even exists ... where I misunderstood the content of CR Expansion ... Does the expansion offer new campaigns and story, or only new multiplayer contents such as maps and new vehicles?

Message 5 of 9 (4,122 Views)

★★★ Guide

Hello eendii,

All the BF4 DLCs, including the China Rising one, only offer online-playable/usable content. 

For the china rising DLC, you will be able to play the 4 new Maps, und unlock 5 new weapons and 10 new assignements including thir unlocks.

Message 6 of 9 (4,622 Views)

★ Novice

Hi ENERGY_saldato_f, thank you ...

I don't play much multiplayer.  I was looking for storyline and thought there's a new campaign in China Rising Expansion ... Should've done my homework before I purchase the Digital Deluxe Edition :mansad:

Message 7 of 9 (4,106 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For real!? I bought the premium membership because I also thought there was additional storyline and campaign play.. that's very misleading.

Message 8 of 9 (3,992 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Endii,

Same with you too. would prefer campaigns

Message 9 of 9 (2,402 Views)