O_O Battlefield 4 - Wtf?

by niar_himself

Original Post

O_O Battlefield 4 - Wtf?

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i7 2600k @3.5ghz
gtx560 superoverclock (gigabyte)
4gb ram 1333.
Xfi- xtreme gamer (creative)
Windows 7 home premium ~
55inch 3D TV as monitor.  hdmi
Logitech x-530 5.1 surround sound speakers
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi - new player here :D

- i run games with no anti aliasing, or with 2/4x aa - i also keep occlusion to low, or off - and get a stable 60fps or more in newer games - on ultra settings @1920/1080p.
- Gta4, dead island, bf3, mw3, bops2, crysis 1,2,3, dead space 1,2,3 and so on.

Just bought this game for $70AUD from EB games.
Formatted pc - installed all updates from windows  + avg free.
Installed gta 4 - played it for 30 mins or so - and it ran fine.

Installed BF4.
Installed all BF4 updates and so on.
Launched game fine.
Entered game fine. (Eventually)

I set graphics to 'auto optimize' or whatever it's called.

Within 10 seconds, my fps has dropped to roughly 3fps - then randomly shoots back up to 60, then goes back down, then back up, etc...
I should have a stable 60fps or so - and DO have 60fps - for a while.

- Even when on low settings - i get the same FPS issues.
- on ultra settings - it's the same thing.

I have lowered/disabled each item in graphics settings one by one to try root out the issue - and have re-enabled them in alternate orders. No luck.

As i walk around the map, my fps ranges from 60 to 3fps.
I can be facing a wall not moving - in a dark room - and the fps just randomly drops and rises.  - You'd think the fps would be stable whilst not moving, and facing a black dark wall.
I will face a wall, my fps starts at 60,  then it will jump/stutter from 3fps - 20fps- 3fps-60fps-11fps -    ermm....

:/

Wtf is this?

Every 2-3 seconds or so - my fps goes from 60, to 2 or 3 fps...

I've read on forums that seemingly half of the bf4 community is suffering from this issue also.
Players running gt680's, 690's, 570's, 770's, titans, and so on - experience this issue as well, so I don't think it's a lack of video card strength as such.

-I have tried to set the process (bf4.exe) to low priority, high, normal and so on -  nothing works there either.

I have not got this issue in any other game - I run games fine.  

Is there a fix for this FPS spike nonsense?     - Or should i just give up and return the game as this is yet another case of a 'rushed half made game - pushed out before it was ready -A cash grab...' ?

So - any help would be most appreciated - I really don't want to have to return this game - it looks great.

*Also, i like how they moved the 'complain about bf4 issues threads' away from the main BF4 website -  and made us all post here, so that a new player like myself would be 'conned' into purchasing the game based on the fact of it being a 'complete game with no issues ' and being out of 'beta stage' after viewing the official bf4 webpage initially ...*

*Also, i bought the deluxe edition which gives me double xp for a week or something -  on the pc -    and the code is only valid for an xbox one.

Wtf is this nonsense??

Thanks

:D

P.s. The search button was broken.

Message 1 of 1 (150 Views)