No sound after game starts

by EBG-Ph4nt0m-X

Original Post

No sound after game starts

★★★ Newbie

I have an older High Performance PC, Asus Quad-CrossFireXAMD's Phenom II quad-core 3.2 Black Edition. After starting the game with in 2 -15 min of game play the sound goes out in game. I checked windows sound in headset and all still work. I use a USB GameCom 780 7.1 surround Headset, set to 5.1 for the game. All drivers are up to date. Any clue or advice?

Message 1 of 3 (121 Views)

Re: No sound after game starts

Hero (Retired)

Is this every single time you play, or is it just once in a while occurrence?  The first thing to try is a simple "Repair Game" in Origin:

1.  Open your Origin Client

2.  Go to your My Games tab

3.  Right-click on Battlefield 4 and click "Repair Game"

4.  After the repair is finished, REBOOT/RESTART your PC!!!!

5.  Try launching the game again

Post back and let me know if this works or not, and I can try helping you with troubleshooting further if it does not solve your issue.  Also, make sure you REBOOT your PC after you run the repair, and you can also do a second one to be safe, and reboot again after the second try.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 3 (115 Views)

Re: No sound after game starts

★★★ Newbie

thanx i will try these and repost after done and attempting to play, and yes this happens every time. Although this last attempt of playing this am the whole game closed after freezing. i may just need to rebuild me another gamer it has been since 2012.

Message 3 of 3 (104 Views)