No chat audio PS4

by mellocrew

Original Post

No chat audio PS4

★★★ Newbie
So I know I not the only person with this problem, but to my surprise, I did not see a thread about it. With my new ps4, I purchased a brand new set of Tritton pro + 5.1 surround headset. I'm positive I have everything hooked up correctly and all the settings dialed in correctly, yet I still cannot communicate with ANYBODY on BF4 online. Not one soul. Now I find out hard to believe that there is not one single person playing with a mic. I know my mic is working, cause I can see it key on screen when I talk, but that is about it. Also, I hooked them up to my PS3 and they work perfect... better even. I get true directional surround on the ps3 while the ps4 sounds kinda stereo. Which is really a shame because if you know about the tritton pro+, you know that they sport 4 individual speakers in each ear can with a total of 8 speakers that kick out some wicked 3D directional sound fields.
Sorry for the long post, it's just past the point of frustrating. Is this a console issue or a game issue. As we speak I'm downloading the ps3 to ps4 CoD upgrade, so I'll be able to test the game chat with another game. Hopefully they work on CoD. Anyways, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Message 1 of 4 (9,830 Views)

Re: No chat audio PS4

★★★ Newbie
Same here's SONY headphones I heard the only way is to go on PARTY with friends then enter (in game party)? but if your like me and don't have enough friends that game your **bleep** out of luck I wish the guys at DICE would just fix it so it works like BF3. Friend me if you like , those squads that do have a judge advantage
Message 2 of 4 (9,783 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I don't think it has something to do with your setting. It could be the other guys' setting. In order to chat and heat the sound, all you need is a simple pair of headphone (granted that it wwill not give you 5.1 sound) and use the microphone that is on your ps remote.

For example: When I play on my PS4, sometimes, I will hook up a headphone to my ps4 remote (trying to tune outthe kids and wife). Most of the time, I will hear some people caughing, eating, laughing (And even heard a wife and husband(player) fighting over the time he spent on games LOL).

However, if I do not plug in my headphone, I occationally hear someone caughing, or cursing (F**K .. I am dead again, or dude, why you stold my ride) LOL

I originally thought that it had something to do with mysetting too but when I check, either most of the people on BF4 are extremely quiet or microphone off as I am not seeing any speakers lit up.

However, on COD, microphones are lit up almost all the time. So, I am assuming that COD players are a little different and not gun shy about talking? Just throwing my two cents in as that's all I can afford after buying BF4 and PS4. 

If this message helped you or direct you to the right direction, just click the XP box at the bottom right of the message.

XP = Thanks for helping, trying to help, or what a funny guy.
Accept as solution = This solved my problem!

Message 3 of 4 (9,779 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Try downloading the headphone app it's free for those nice TRITTON's it has diff modes like shooter, music ,and a bunch more that should help
And I wanted to say (huge advantage)
not judge lol
Message 4 of 4 (9,778 Views)