No Sound at all on menus or in game: Xbox One

by Aslan737D

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Sound at all on menus or in game: Xbox One

★★ Novice

I recently tried to play this game again since coming back from college and when I started it up, I was confused because I didn't hear the normal opening theme/menu music. Going into a game is exactly the same. My entire game has no sound. Checked in game audio settings and it seems normal. Not sure if there is a way on the Xbox one I might have muted the entire game but I am at a loss and haven't found any solutions. Anyone experience this before and have a solution?

Message 1 of 14 (136,253 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Sound at all on menus or in game: Xbox One

★★ Novice
Power Cycled the console with no luck. Switched all in game audio settings with no luck. Then I went to the Xbox one audio settings and then audio output. Switched the option Bistream out to 7.1 and sound came back. Then just to check, I switched it back to bistream out and it is still working. Problem solved. Thank you for all the help Barry!

View in thread

Message 5 of 14 (162,280 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@Aslan737D

Are you getting any sound at all from the console?

Power cycle the console and check or reseat all your physical connections.

barry.png
Message 2 of 14 (136,122 Views)

★★ Novice
Yes, my entire console has sound, including all my other games. Only bf4 is having an issue. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled to no avail sadly.
Message 3 of 14 (136,112 Views)

Community Manager

@Aslan737D

This is kind of a long shot but can you check your audio settings are set to stereo rather than either of the surround modes:

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-one/live-tv/poor-audio-or-sound-quality

I assume you have fully power cycled the console?

barry.png
Message 4 of 14 (136,103 Views)

★★ Novice
Power Cycled the console with no luck. Switched all in game audio settings with no luck. Then I went to the Xbox one audio settings and then audio output. Switched the option Bistream out to 7.1 and sound came back. Then just to check, I switched it back to bistream out and it is still working. Problem solved. Thank you for all the help Barry!
Message 5 of 14 (162,281 Views)

Community Manager

@Aslan737D

Excellent, thanks for coming back to let us know how you fixed this.

barry.png
Message 6 of 14 (136,085 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Nailed it... Do the below within settings:
1) Display and Audio
2) Volume
3) Chat Mixer
4) Set it to anything other than "Mute all other sounds"; set it to "Do nothing" (preferably)
5) In-game audio should turn on instantly
Message 7 of 14 (130,158 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Tried every step above and below and still no sound, worked fine before the update. 

Message 8 of 14 (111,476 Views)

★ Novice
Someone else and I also experienced no sound on the Battlefield 1. We restarted our xbox ones using the menu to restart them and it fixed the sound issue on the game.
Message 9 of 14 (110,472 Views)

★★ Novice

Didn’t work for

Message 10 of 14 (82,180 Views)