New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

by michaelgvh

Original Post

Re: New PB update resulted in : Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I am having the exact same problem. I recently migrated back to PC after many years on the XBOX.  I wouldn't know where to find a hack if I wanted one.

I have Win 7, fully updated. All I have on this machine is Skyrim, AMD CCC, and BF4 game installed. I have the Xbox controller 1.2 software for my pad, and that's it. I disable Steam before launching BF4. I am doing selective startup where I manually launch CCC, Steam or Origin.

Before the latest BF4 patch, I had consistent "sound loop crashes" and freezes . Even on the Test Range. The game was virtually unplayable, especially after completing a round and loading the next, if I was lucky enough to connect and finish a round. Regardless, when I didn't freeze and was able to connect, I never had a problem with PB.

Post recent BF4 patch, yesterday I got kicked with the 130827 message, and other than the new BF4 patch and PB update NOTHING has changed.

I followed all the steps listed on that EA forum link. Checked the firewall, checked all the drivers (AMD 13-12), uninstalled and reinstalled PB, etc. No DICE (pun intended).

Client version v.2.333 \ A1390  Server version v.1.883 \ A1390 \ C2.333

Message 21 of 33 (1,363 Views)

★★★ Novice

I'm getting this issue now too, driving me nuts.  Wasn't occuring prior to the last patch.  Went through the usual punkbuster fixes, updated drivers, disabled overlays, etc.  Get disconnected every few minutes with this error.

Message 22 of 33 (1,194 Views)

★ Novice

Having the same problem. It even kicks me out of BF3.

This started happening with the PunkBuster update that I installed because of the banner posted on Battlelog asking everyone to update PunkBuster...

Message 23 of 33 (1,190 Views)

★★★★ Novice

OK  - So I started this thread so I'll post what I have learned.

I have been back and forth with PB support and have been looking at my logs and apparently the problem (for me) is that PnkBstrB.exe stops sending/receiving heartbeats. The error message is not explaining the real problem.

The one thing that has worked for me so far, but is a pain in the neck is this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbcZaMeRbHQ

Sorry about the crappy video, but I didn't make it.

The way to make this work is to start the game, then ALT TAB out because PnkBsterB.exe isn't running until the game fires up for me.

Then you have to change the Recovery settings.

Good luck. I hope it helps you guys until they fix this.

Message 24 of 33 (1,185 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Just forget everything I posted a minute ago. This doesn't work. This software is crap.

Still getting kicked.

I just happened to have a good run for a little while.

Message 25 of 33 (1,177 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks for trying, though. I think I may have solved this. At least I was able to play a game or two without being kicked. I don't think I was able to do this before.

I run Windows 8. What I did was create a new (local) user account. That account already had Origin installed, so I launched it, and signed in with my regular credentials. I then launched Battlelog, and was able to play there.

I don't know if this means that there actually is a "disallowed" program that I run on my other account, but at least this way I'll be able to play through the "appreciation month" while I troubleshoot the issue with PunkBuster.

Message 26 of 33 (1,163 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Having the same issue, making the game useless. I CANT EVEN FINISH A ROUND! EA/Punkbuster need to get on this issue. I am running none of the programs that some admins said would cause the problem. Guess they have our money and now dont give a crap about their game be playable for all.

Message 27 of 33 (1,096 Views)

★★★ Novice

Sorry but that will take Mr. and can fix this bug.

A week ago I am with this problem and have tried everything in every forum and questions and responses EA.

I think it's absurd happen with users who need to beg for you to take a **bleep**ing bug.

Various posts in recent days about it and the guys dice and EA al eating ice cream.

Correct this not the game for free!

All who are complaining have done what is stated, pb update, retrieve facilities, free antivirus and firiwall etc ...

Take action and at least investigate the **bleep**ing problem!!

Message 28 of 33 (1,023 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

ok, this is getting epic.

So many people say anti-virus and firewall whatever,

So I uninstalled any virus scan program, uninstall and reinstall PB from EA website, Allowed PB in Firewall,

Punkbuster A and B both appears. Played one game of Battlefield 4 until it crashed.

Inevitably I restart the computer,

and TADA----- punkbuster B is gone.

I don't understand at all. Punkbuster B seems dissapearing by itself, after one playthrough.

nonetheless I join a game, play for three minutes,

I can't get the mind off of Punkbuster B exe issue while playing,

so i went to punkbuster service setup v0.993,  Launch it and go to test services.

CHECK, punkbuster A sent packets, received, punkbuster B is fine. A and B is both fine,

Test completed successfully without any error.

Ok at this point, punkbuster itself says it's fine, I should be happy.

went back to the game,

32 seconds later, got KICKED,  Disallowed Program/Driver [130827]

what? WHAAT?

AND why am I not getting this error in BF3?

Message 29 of 33 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Same bug by me. Very annoying. At BF3 everything was fine.

I'd opened a ticket @ the PB coders: http://web3.evenbalance.com/troubleticket/ and waiting for response.

Message 30 of 33 (967 Views)