Re: New Origin Bug:Could not start, please verify that you have the latest versi

by EA_David

Original Post

New Origin Bug:Could not start, please verify that you have the latest version..

★★★ Apprentice

"Could not start, please verify that you have the latest version and can start the game from Origin." => Error when trying to join another BF4 Server in Battlelog.

Theres a fun "new" bug for me, keeping me from connecting to BF4 games at least 50% of the time. "New" because it was actually happening to me in the Beat Client of Origin, but I thought it would get fixed in the final release. Well, OF COURSE it hasn't. The old client was completely stable, only acting up once a week or something, but this new error is very consistent for me.

Only workaround: Close Origin completely, logout from Battlelog, restart Chrome, restart Origin, login to Battelog again and then it mostly works. Which if a lot of fun when all you wanna do is switch to another server.

Thanks @EA for this new and improved version of Origin!

Message 1 of 19 (43,999 Views)

Re: New Origin Bug:Could not start, please verify that you have the latest versi

★★ Novice

Same thing im getting while trying to join any bf3 server. Bf4 works well for now.

Message 2 of 19 (43,692 Views)

Hero

Tried reinstalling the Origin client?

carbonic signature

Message 3 of 19 (43,669 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

I do it - but same problem again. I think is a communication problem between Battlelog PLugin and Origin. I must restart Origin and close the browser and say "play" in Origin - Battlelog open and I can join servers again - but this workaround is really annoying. Please fix that

For information - I work with two accounts, but should not the problem

Message 4 of 19 (43,134 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having the same problem. I cant even start the game from Origin. Angry

Please someone help.

Message 5 of 19 (42,782 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

The problem seems to be connected to the cloud saving function of Origin. At least in my case. After i deactivated it I have never seen this bug again since. But thats not a perfect solution, of course, because for some game cloud saves can be useful...but atm I'm just happy it runs reliably.

Message 6 of 19 (42,642 Views)

Community Manager

@Randalmaker Thanks for the post. I wonder, if you temporarily disable your anti-virus as a test, then re-enable Cloud Storage, do you encounter the same issue?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 7 of 19 (42,507 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Sure, I will try that. I wonder if maybe this is one of those bugs that appears for a while and then just never happens again. Anyway, going to test it. =)

Message 8 of 19 (42,434 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

OK, I've tested around a bit and it actually looks like the Antivirus makes the difference. I had much less problems when i switched it off (Avast Free up-to-date). And just when it reactivated the bug occured again...so it seems to be the root of the problems at the moment.

Message 9 of 19 (42,321 Views)

Community Manager

Thanks for the confirmation and the extra information given, we're seeing some similar reports to this one. 

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 10 of 19 (42,286 Views)