Need permission to monetize my bf4 videos

by OneShootDown

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need permission to monetize my bf4 videos

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Hi EA,

i recently made myself a gaming channel on youtube called OneShootDownTv and i will upload gameplay videos on this channel.

yesterday i did upload a bf4 giveaway video with few minutes of gameplay video towards the end of the video. but i got a msg from youtube which says that i could not monetize from this video because i basically dont own the content of it. its kinda weird, but i tought i did own the video because it was actually me who made the giveaway picture, talking about give away event and again me who play the game.

i did make some search on google and found that it doesnt matter if it is me or not who plays the game, EA owns the gameplay video because they made the game and therefore own the sounds, music, graphics and stuff.

i did tweet on twitter, asking for EA to allow me to monetize my videos, but i need to get in touch with someone who can comfirm my right to upload this type of content copyrighted by EA.

could i upload gameplay videos in the future where i mention EA's ownership of the gameplay and say something like "this gameplay video is brought to you by EA and DICE" and show your and DICE's logo on the entire video?

Message 1 of 5 (5,590 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need permission to monetize my bf4 videos

Community Manager

You would want to get in contact with this email address: permissionrequests@ea.com

Give this a read as well: http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Uploading-permission-on-YouTube/m-p/964094#M71281

Cheers,

Nils

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (5,848 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

You would want to get in contact with this email address: permissionrequests@ea.com

Give this a read as well: http://answers.help.ea.com/t5/Battlefield-3/Uploading-permission-on-YouTube/m-p/964094#M71281

Cheers,

Nils

Message 2 of 5 (5,849 Views)

★★ Novice

thanks Nils, I really do appreciate your reply

Message 3 of 5 (5,547 Views)

Community Manager
You are welcome. Good luck with your channel Standard smile
Message 4 of 5 (5,527 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Can we post battlefield gaming video on YouTube ?
Message 5 of 5 (953 Views)