Re: NOT A QUESTION: Xbox 360 controller key mapping buttons

by blind_sniper1237

Original Post

NOT A QUESTION: Xbox 360 controller key mapping buttons

★ Novice

Xbox 360 controller key mapping button / button numbers for key mapping.

This took a lot of dyeing in the campaign and has only been tested in the campaign prologue as of yet. The beta was SO frustrating that it couldn't be enjoyed at all and with no response from DICE about what they will be patching soon with their hotfix, no doubt, I took upon myself to put this together. I DO NOT POST OFTEN, so this will probably get some ridicule for structure or content if you need help please just message I'll see what I can do if anything. This is only intended as a reference for players looking to use the Xbox 360 controller with an adapter on their computer. I play the game on a custom rig I built that has a ASUS M5A97 R2.0 mobo 16g of Corsair Vengeance RAM ddr3 AMD FX4300 am3+ (not over clocked) 3.9ghz EVGA nVIDIA GTX 550ti with 2g gddr5 on windows 7 ultimate 64bit.

I will lay out the buttons in numbered order from button 1-10 and then triggers and then axis (which should be self explaining i.e. up is up and down is down. if you play inverted don't be a pro and set them here just use the selection in the controls and set the basic look/flight controls to inverted) 0-1 for both x and y values. First we will start with that beauty of a gem DICE couldn't have completed this game without and makes us so much more connected, the BATTLELOG. This gorgeous add in from BF3 can be disabled from the options menu in GAMEPLAY settings just hide and boom it frees up the back button on the controller! *NOTE there is no way to select a legacy button layout from any previous games like BF3 you MUST input each button you want to bind specifically and you MUST remember to save them. Forgetting to do so will result in you starting over and that is a B.

Alright now to the key bindings, you can navigate there with the controller bumpers left and right after pressing the start button or esc, you select the category with the D-pad and you select the column with the left thumb stick. Guess where we want to make changes? Joystick. First up is "Common" nothing much here to adjust other than the spot/communications and if you're like me that will be a solid button 7. Then on to "On Foot" some of the values are set for us already (thank you DICE for half assing it) so leave the walk and strafe alone if you don't need to mess with them and the "Look" for that matter. Jump is set to button 1 and so is the parachute so don't touch halo players you know who you are. The sprint has a (hold) next to it, if this isn't your style like me I'm a click kind of guy you can change this in GAMEPLAY just look for the soldier sprint and select click same for steady scope if you want. next is crouch (hold) and below is it crouch (toggle) and lastly is prone (prone for those that do not know prone is to lay flat on your stomach) these values should be empty because just below those is a combination of the two states, besides standing up like a man, crouch (toggle)/prone(hold) set this to button 10. But doing that impedes the melee and that is now going to be our button 6. The rest of the "On Foot" is pretty much well set except you want to remove "hold for scoreboard/press for menu" altogether as this can get in the way. Next is "In Vehicle" I use the triggers to accel and brake/reverse so trigger 1 to brake/reverse and trigger 2 to accel. Then depending on which stick you use to steer as soon as you input one it will set the opposite value for the opposite I use the left stick so left stick left/left stick right. boost is set to the left stick click so no need to change it. And everything else is set except for the very bottom the relative aim these are set to the 0 or the left stick, which I am using for steering so that can't happen so change them to axis 1 which is the right stick, this will eliminate a logical error resulting in no movement at all. the next two sections are practically identical. First throttle up and down I use as triggers so throttle up trigger 2 and throttle down trigger 1. This changes the firing for the craft but that's ok because I use button 6 anyways so make that change.

button 1 - A

button 2 - B

button 3 - X

button 4 - Y

button 5 - left bumper

button 6 - right bumper

button 7 - back

button 8 - start

button 9 - click left stick

button 10 - click right stick

trigger 1 - left trigger

trigger 2 - right trigger