Must be signed into PSN and EA servers to access online features.

by Geoffthegiraffe8

Original Post

Must be signed into PSN and EA servers to access online features.

★★★ Novice

Started up bf4 and get message "must be signed into PSN and EA servers to access online features. Account and bf4 was working fine yesterday and am logged into PSN fine?

Message 1 of 12 (13,281 Views)

Re: Must be signed into PSN and EA servers to access online features.

★★★★★ Guide

Are you on PS3 or PS4?

Message 2 of 12 (13,226 Views)

★★★ Novice

ps4

Message 3 of 12 (13,221 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Try restoring default settings on your PS4 to see if that clears out any old data that was interfering: http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/settings/restore_setting.html

Message 4 of 12 (13,215 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@Geoffthegiraffe8 Hey, I'm just checking on these, I can last see a registered login yesterday. While this doesn't guarantee a fix it's a good sign, were you able to get this resolved?

Thanks.

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 5 of 12 (13,201 Views)

★★★ Novice

No fix. I have retried to play the game again this morning and got the same problem. When starting up the game, already signed in to playstation+, I press options on the start screen and instantly get 2 messages, one saying "Could not retrieve Battlepacks" and the other saying "You must be signed in to PSN and EA servers to access online features". As i say this is an account that was working fine the day before yesterday and has a lot of hours on it in this game. 

Message 6 of 12 (13,196 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

Maybe restoring the game license will help? It seems to me like you're logged into PSN without issue since you didn't run into any problems after restoring your default settings. If you go to Battlelog on a PC or Mac and sign in with your EA account, are you able to access your loadout, battlepacks, etc.?

Message 7 of 12 (13,178 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

Suggest you try and run the PS4 tests to see what your console reports back on its connectivity and status.

First run the generic internet connectivity test.

Then run the specific PSN connectivity/status test.

You can at times be unlucky that your console has dropped the sign-in to the PSN and do not auto-resign in again if your console is put into hibernation mode when you shut it down.  Try signing out completely and shutting it off completely and then restart again.  I am by default always just putting my console into hibernation mode when stopping my gaming, to enable quick restart next time.  But it has a couple of times resulted in the situation/symptoms you describe above.  Lets hear what the tests show of results and if the total cold restart makes a difference?   Best of luck with it!

Message 8 of 12 (13,163 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Ps3
Message 9 of 12 (11,209 Views)

[ Edited ]
EA DICE Team

Hey @ZirkZy11 Please make a new topic of the issue you are having. 

I'm closing this thread to stop it being necrod. 

/Atic

Message 10 of 12 (11,062 Views)