Multiplayer Issues: Black Terrain!

by PineappleJuicer

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Multiplayer Issues: Black Terrain!

★★★★★ Newbie

Whenever I play multiplayer, I get this weird black terrain... everywhere for every map... the ground is black.... 

I've uninstalled drivers, re-installed them... 

I have a EVGA NVIDIA GeForce 770 ACX and I've used NVIDIA GeForce Experience to optimize the game settings...

I've seen this happen to others on Battlefield 3 but couldn't really find anything for Battlefield 4. I've also tried uninstalling the whole game and trying everything again... still shows black terrain.

ANY HELP PLEASE!

Message 1 of 5 (1,157 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Multiplayer Issues: Black Terrain!

Hero (Retired)

Hello Hi PineappleJuicer well yes I do :womanhappy: This has to be a video card driver issue so we are going to try this as clean as we can to fix it.

Get new video card diver or beta on desktop we need to get you a fully clean install of it after steps below. 

So what I need you to do download CC cleaner the free version and install CC cleaner on your PC. 

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download 

Remove the video card driver using the tools area of CC cleaner then reboot the PC. 

When windows loads it will install a driver thats normal no big issue,  once back on desk top then open CC cleaner again.This time go to the registry area and scan  for issues , then pick fix selected issues  it will give you the choice to do a back up. Then pick fix all selected issues you may have a ton of issues if you never have used this before  its normal. Then reboot your PC again and do all the registry steps again until it finds none. Reboot your PC after you do each scan on registry. Once it finds none then move to the next step.

Now install the video card driver new one or beta :womanhappy:

Next test bf4 if you still have issue ....

Try repair game or do this step again as the BF4 cfg could be messed up.......

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

1- Go to my Documents and remove BF4 folder place it on your Desktop or trash.
2- Be warned you do have to set up your in game settings again.
3-Repair BF4
4- When done go test your game.

Now  test BF4 again 

View in thread

Message 4 of 5 (1,191 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hi PineappleJuicer did you try this 

Run the game as Administrator:
Go to the Origin games folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4) and find Bf4.exe. Right click it and go to PROPERTIES, then COMPATIBILITY and check the box next to RUN THIS PROGRAM AS ADMINISTRATOR.
Do the same with BF4_x86.exe as well.

Run Origin as Administrator:
Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin and right click on Origin.exe and go to properties. Then go to compatibility tab and check the box next to RUN AS ADMIN.

Disable Origin in game:
In Origin - Application settings - Origin in Game - disable Origin in game

Origin Cloud Storage turn it off
Origin, settings, General

BF4 folder in my documents holds game configs and screen shots even if BF4 is installed on different drive. When you uninstall BF4 it does NOT remove this folder. So when you install the game again you can still have the same issues.

3-Repair BF4

Message 2 of 5 (1,130 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hey Zorlacc, 

I tried this out but it didn't seem to work. Any other solutions or thoughts?

Message 3 of 5 (1,124 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hello Hi PineappleJuicer well yes I do :womanhappy: This has to be a video card driver issue so we are going to try this as clean as we can to fix it.

Get new video card diver or beta on desktop we need to get you a fully clean install of it after steps below. 

So what I need you to do download CC cleaner the free version and install CC cleaner on your PC. 

http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner/download 

Remove the video card driver using the tools area of CC cleaner then reboot the PC. 

When windows loads it will install a driver thats normal no big issue,  once back on desk top then open CC cleaner again.This time go to the registry area and scan  for issues , then pick fix selected issues  it will give you the choice to do a back up. Then pick fix all selected issues you may have a ton of issues if you never have used this before  its normal. Then reboot your PC again and do all the registry steps again until it finds none. Reboot your PC after you do each scan on registry. Once it finds none then move to the next step.

Now install the video card driver new one or beta :womanhappy:

Next test bf4 if you still have issue ....

Try repair game or do this step again as the BF4 cfg could be messed up.......

3-Repair BF4

Now  test BF4 again 

Message 4 of 5 (1,192 Views)

★ Novice

I try what was posted as the answer and I still have the same problem. Any other solutions?

Message 5 of 5 (1,047 Views)