Multiplayer Connectivity Punk Buster

by AncientJarl

Original Post

Multiplayer Connectivity Punk Buster

★ Novice

I bought BF4 a long time ago and haven't played it much and now I want to play it, and everytime I connect to a server I walk around for about 30 seconds, and then I get kicked from Punkbuster, I saw a post about Pnkbstra.exe or whatever that file name is, and I checked for it and it's not there. So finally I went and re-updated Punkbuster and the same thing is still happening, I just keep getting kicked from Punkbuster. Also the file stilll isn't there.

Message 1 of 6 (218 Views)

Re: Multiplayer Connectivity Punk Buster

After you went to evenbalance.com and downloaded the latest punkbuster client and updated\reinstalled PB did you manually add BF4? When I had that problem manually adding BF4 to PB solved the problem.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 2 of 6 (209 Views)

★ Novice

Didn't seem to help. Frown

Message 3 of 6 (203 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Try To Install Punkbuster EXACTLY AS STATED BELOW

1) Visit http://goo.gl/q8VIxT
2) Open pbsetup.zip and then run punkbuster.exe at which point you must accept the EULA (If You Agree) then follow the instructions to proceed with installation.
3) Press 'Add a Game' then in the drop down select Battlefield 4 then Add game and before trying to run BF4, check for updates.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Thank-you
Killerwhal812
Marshall

If I or Anyone helped in any way please in return make the time to award then with XP please.
If I solved the problem please press 'Accept as Soloution' next to my post so others know of the soloution.

I DO NOT WORK FOR EA
MY VIEWS ARE MY SOLE OPINION AND NOT EAs

Message 4 of 6 (201 Views)

★ Novice

I had did that previously, did it again just for fun still didn't work.

Message 5 of 6 (193 Views)

Hero (Retired)

I'd try uninstalling it completely from Control Panel first.  Then install it again.

Sounds like the service isn't running by your error message.

Uninstalling first should take care of it but you can also check  'services.msc' and check to see if PnkBstrA & B are both set to Automatic and are currently running.

Message 6 of 6 (189 Views)