Mouse freezes when playing infantry on Battlefield 4

by WindyPipes

Original Post

Mouse freezes when playing infantry on Battlefield 4

★★ Novice

Hi fellow Battlefield 4 players,

Ive been trying for 3 days to fix an issue with battlefield 4 where my mouse will freeze in game within 2-3 minutes of logging in. I have been discussing the matter with 3 EA 'support' staff and have not been able to fix it. I have trawled the web looking for answers and it seems like i am the only one with his problem.

This is not an 'origin in game' issue.

The issues in a nutshell is that after starting up battlefield and selecting a sever to play and then loggining in (ie: in game) i can play for 2-3 minutes then my mouse will just freeze. This only freezes as infantry and i can still use the mouse in vehicles and in any menu. I can even press the'Q' key and select orders/reply/thank etc.... The mouse does work in vehicles thought but the movements and not smooth and the cursor(sights) constanly move down the screen with no mouse movment at all.

This has been an intermittent problem over 6 months or more but used to go away after a day or so. Now it seems to be permenant.

I have tried every 'fix' i can see on the numerous forums i have looked at and EA 'support' staff's reccomendations including:

'Origin in game' tuned off on BF4 and origin settings

Updated hardware drivers(monitor & mouse),

Using the 'repair game' option in the origin page,

Complete un-install & re-install with a hard drive clean in between,

Changing the mouse to different USB ports,

Using a different mouse altogether,

None of these have made any difference at all.

Im at a complete loss as to what to do next. EA have been very little help and have no solutions except re-install.

Has anyone got any ideas as to what i should try next?

Thanks in advance,

Windy

Message 1 of 2 (263 Views)

Re: Mouse freezes when playing infantry on Battlefield 4

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Hello

• Try to reinstall the game.
  • Try to delete the configuration file settings of the game. (My Documents---folder Battlefield 4)
  • Try to turn off and turn on your mouse.
  • Check for new drivers for your mouse. Or reinstall the driver.
  • Possible technical problems with your mouse. Try another for the test.
  • Reinstall your Windows.

I hope these tips help you.

If my advice has helped you, then do not forget to click XP.

Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

Good luck.

Message 2 of 2 (246 Views)