Mouse and keyboard not working ingame

by strossicro

Original Post

Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

★ Novice

I can not play the game.

The mouse and keyboard is not working in the game. When it starts, I can see my mouse icon but can't click on anything, and keyboard doesn't respond to any command, except Alt+Tab or Shift+F1. So I can't even deploy or choose any settings. 

My computer is good enough to play this game, except by the graphics card. I have a Geforce GTX 645, is that the problem?

Message 1 of 200 (48,499 Views)

Re: Mouse and keyboard don't work in the game- battlefield 4

Community Manager (retired)

Hi tiagolma, 

What Keyboard & Mouse are you using? 

Do you see the same across both Multiplayer and Single Player? 

Also just as a confirmation, you don't have a controller plugged in do you? 

Thanks 

EAGuy 

---------------
Please make sure to Accept Solutions and give XP when someone has provided you with assistance.

I don't respond to Help Requests sent via Private Message.
Message 2 of 200 (48,086 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Eaguy, 

The issue isn't with the keyboard/mouse in particular. I believe the issue that tiagolma is referring to has been a problem since the beta that myself and thousands of others had and reported on the forums. I have this same issue as well and this is what happens: You can choose any server, it will start loading the level etc. The game then loads and you see the map loading screen and hear the game volume. Then once you reach the deployment screen you can't click on anything, you can't press escape to access the menu, can't pick a spawn point/soldier class. You can see various items moving on the map layout and can sometimes see things on the minimap view at the bottom left corner. If you wait it out, eventually you will be kicked for idle inactivity.

The proposed solutions have been updating punkbuster from evenbalance, updating graphics drivers, or repairing the game install on origin.

None of these solutions worked during the beta, and unfortunately the same problem persists with the release of BF4. This issue is quite disappointing as myself and thousands of others had hoped there would be a resolution following this problem during the beta.

My specs for what it's worth:

Intel i7 4770

Asus H87-Plus Mobo

16 GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance Memory

ATI RAdeon HD 4870

Message 3 of 200 (48,078 Views)

Can't use Keyboard + Mouse in bf4 PC

★★★ Novice

Alright so i'm getting really pissed off because last night during the midnight launch i was able to play just fine, but with some graphics lag.. but now my **bleep**ing mouse and keyboard won't work in game... and after spending 30 minutes looking online, all i've seen is **bleep**ing 12 year old kids soaking their panties a bout having **bleep**ing keybaords and **bleep** on the ps4, which i could car eless about!, SOMEONE **bleep**ING HELP ME BEFORE I THROW MY MONITER HALFWAY ACROSS THE US INTO THE **bleep**ING DICE BUILDING...

Message 4 of 200 (48,038 Views)

Re: Can't use Keyboard + Mouse in bf4 PC

Hero

Try deleting the settings folder located in the Battlefield 4 folder located in the Documents folder.

carbonic signature

Message 5 of 200 (48,032 Views)

★★★ Novice

didn't work, instead now i ahve no control over it, and it loads in window mode.

Message 6 of 200 (48,025 Views)
Highlighted

Mouse and keyboard not working ingame

★★ Novice

When I join a game, I can move the cursor around, but no button I press whether on the mouse or keyboard, nothing happens.

Message 7 of 200 (47,911 Views)

Hero

Sounds very weird. Are you running something odd in the background and have you tried a reboot?

carbonic signature

Message 8 of 200 (48,013 Views)

★★ Novice

This is the same problem I am having as well.  I first noticed this problem during the beta.  I tried playing the beta and could not spawn there.  I assumed that this would be fixed for the real game and sadly it is not.  Nothing has changed I still can not use the keyboard or mouse and certainly can not spawn in.  I am at my wit's end here and don't know what else I can try as I have looked up and researched a million different possible fixes and none have worked.  I need someone from EA tech support to fix this problem as I have shelled out 60 dollars for this.  This is just unacceptable. 

Message 9 of 200 (48,063 Views)

★★★★ Novice

The issue isn't with the keyboard/mouse in particular. I believe the issue that lolwuthah is referring to has been a problem since the beta that myself and thousands of others had and reported on the forums. I have this same issue as well and this is what happens: You can choose any server, it will start loading the level etc. The game then loads and you see the map loading screen and hear the game volume. Then once you reach the deployment screen you can't click on anything, you can't press escape to access the menu, can't pick a spawn point/soldier class. You can see various items moving on the map layout and can sometimes see things on the minimap view at the bottom left corner. If you wait it out, eventually you will be kicked for idle inactivity.

The same issue occurs when loading single player as well. The loading video is shown, then you reach a scree where it says press enter. However, pressing enter doesn't do anything so single player can't be played as well.

The proposed solutions have been updating punkbuster from evenbalance, updating graphics drivers, or repairing the game install on origin.

None of these solutions worked during the beta, and unfortunately the same problem persists with the release of BF4. This issue is quite disappointing as myself and thousands of others had hoped there would be a resolution following this problem during the beta.

My specs for what it's worth:

Windows 8 64 Bit 

Intel i7 4770

Asus H87-Plus Mobo

16 GB (8x2) Corsair Vengeance Memory

ATI RAdeon HD 4870

Message 10 of 200 (48,010 Views)