Missing DLL: [d3d11.dll]

by deadbabyfactory

Original Post

Re: Missing DLL: [d3d11.dll]

★★ Novice

@TBK0000 wrote:

Dump it in the System32 folder

Just tried that as soon as I read your previous post Tongue out   No luck though Frown

Message 11 of 19 (1,372 Views)

★ Apprentice

Was a long shot, since it properly relies on other DX11 DLLs (Dynamic Link Library).

Do you have a Vista SP2 installation media? Because then you should also have the DX11 files from the get go like a Windows 7 or 8 installation, but either way a reinstallation of Windows is necessary.

Message 12 of 19 (1,369 Views)

★★ Novice

@TBK0000 wrote:

Was a long shot, since it properly relies on other DX11 DLLs (Dynamic Link Library).

Do you have a Vista SP2 installation media? Because then you should also have the DX11 files from the get go like a Windows 7 or 8 installation, but either way a reinstallation of Windows is necessary.

I will have to try to dig that out tomorrow. I think it may be in a storage closet at my parents' house. I will try a few more things in the meantime. Thanks for the suggestions.

Message 13 of 19 (1,367 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Bumping to hopefully find a solution that works before I reinstall windows!

Message 14 of 19 (1,354 Views)

★★ Novice

Come on mods, have a go at it!

Message 15 of 19 (1,344 Views)

★★ Novice

Still can't play this game that I paid $65 for. Please help

Message 16 of 19 (1,319 Views)

★★ Novice

Did you solve the problem?

Having the same issue. I have tried fresh, clean install of the game, Dll fix program, re-install of .net 4.5 and Direct X 11. I have downloaded the dll file and placed into my system32 folder and syswow64 folder and game directory. Still no luck.

Only thing I can think of now is a format, dont want to have to go to that much trouble though for a game....

Message 17 of 19 (1,298 Views)

★★ Novice

I have manged to get it working, didn't have to format.

It seems that d3d11.dll was corupt. This fixed it for me: http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/windows-and-office/quick-tip-scan-windows-7-system-files-to-repair-...

Hope it helps someone else...

Message 18 of 19 (1,283 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem that deadbodyfactory has.Strange thing is,i've played the game just fine since the latest update of Windows,but I'm not sure if it's related,cause some days has passed.I've tried everything(even the scannow throug prompt,like the last guy said) but eventually,i guess i have to reinstall windows.Just to be clear,neither antivirus,updating Nvidia drivers, or even complete disintallation of the game worked. Any other game(even EA FIFA) works fine.Please,PLEASE help.

Message 19 of 19 (1,217 Views)