Minimap gone, spotted enemies are not marked and more...

by he1stt

Original Post

Minimap gone, spotted enemies are not marked and more...

★★ Newbie

Hello,

I stopped playing BF4 a couple of days ago because my minimap had disappeared and spotting enemies did not actually mark them. I have completely reinstalled BF4, which did not even help. I also tried manually resetting every single tab in the options menu, but to no avail.

I have also tried rebinding the 'toggle minimap' function to a button which does work (because the default is apparantly the same key used for bringin up the console menu), but even that did not help me.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem?

Message 1 of 8 (10,526 Views)

Re: Minimap gone, spotted enemies are not marked and more...

★ Apprentice

You sure you didn't end up on some Hardcore servers?

Message 2 of 8 (10,494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I also have this issue. if i press esc i can get back spotting markers and name tags but the minimap has gone. i also noticed some greyed out letters and numbers on my screen that are in random places.

This happened after the december patch.

i have tried repairing my install but this does not find anything. i was playing with a friend i asked him if he had any issues and he told me his UI looked fine he had minimap etc

it would appear looking at the battlelog forums this happens on consoles aswell.

Message 3 of 8 (10,255 Views)

I agree with poster number 2, this sounds exactly like Hard Core in BF4, please check your server browser filter to ensure that you unchecked the Hard Core selection.
_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 8 (10,238 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

How about you dont comment on things you know nothing about. The issue is with the game possibly a corrupt file on my SSD which is causing my UI to mess up i played earlier and found when i pressed M for map flag icons and spotting's toggled on or off. CAN YOU DO THAT IN HARDCORE!? no you cant if there was a rate down XP button im sure you would not of suggested such a stupid response. now jog on so we can get a proper response.

Thanks for no help but i found out what the issue was incase anyone searches for this issue.

in the options there is a slider for your UI transparency somehow mine had been turned down to zero.

Message 5 of 8 (10,218 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have the same problem no minimap in any servers its seems like im playing hardcore all the time

Message 6 of 8 (9,364 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hey i fixed the issue just go in all options in menu and reset them , control , gameplay autio ,video and keybindings reset them all this should work

Message 7 of 8 (8,565 Views)

★★ Apprentice

are you playing hardcore

Message 8 of 8 (8,549 Views)