Re: Major CPU/GPU spikes on multiplayer

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Major CPU/GPU spikes on multiplayer

★★★ Novice

When i play in the test range or in an empty server, the game runs fine. I have no problems running bf3 or any other game. But as soon as i join a multiplayer server with people in it, my frames go to **bleep** every time i find a enemy. Even when just running around it tends to fluctuate to 50 or 40 and back to 60. Can someone tell me wth is wrong with this game? Im running a i5 3330 with a GTX 760 and 6GB of RAM, i shouldnt have this kind of issue, im not even on ultra, and it happens independent of graphical settings. I've tried unparking my cores (already unparked, using Windows 8.1), downloading beta drivers for the gpu, using a personalized user.cfg file, all to no avail. Most of the times the CPU seems to spike first, followed by the GPU. But i think the CPU is the issue, since playing on test range and blowing everything up doesnt even low it lower than 59 fps.

This is me trying to play. I captured it with shadowplay. (it also recorded the music i was listening to)
http://youtu.be/XAuOa10CUw4

Message 1 of 2 (230 Views)

Re: Major CPU/GPU spikes on multiplayer

Community Manager (retired)

Might sound weird but could you please try to disable the In Game feature in your Origin client and check if that will solve your issue? Origin tab -> Application Settings -> Origin In Game -> uncheck the box to disable.

Cheers

Basti

Message 2 of 2 (217 Views)