MSI R9 270X HAWK poor performance, low GPU usage, fps drops.

by hi_im_rhenox

Original Post

MSI R9 270X HAWK poor performance, low GPU usage, fps drops.

★★ Novice

I have an MSI R9 270X HAWK VGA with a Phenom II 1090T(not OC'd) and in-game the GPU's average usage is around 50%, and never goes up more than 75-80%(also occurs in Battlefield 3). Another strange thing is, the GPU usage only goes up when it's not so much to display, for example gpu usage goes up to 70-80% when i turn to the edge of the map, where's almost nothing, and also fps jumps up, and when looking back to the middle a huge fps drop occurs together with a huge gpu usage drop as well. I'm using auto settings which is high, and i have this problem with this new VGA, with my older Radeon HD 6970 the GPU usage always reached 95% and above, on both BF3 and Bf4 and i have almost zero performance increase with this new VGA. In Bf3, also the auto settings changed to medium from high, i don't know why but when the HD 6970's auto setting in Bf3 was high preset with ultra textures, the R9 270X's auto settings changed to medium settings. On other games the GPU usage reaches 95% and above but in these 2 games never.

I'm also using 8Gb 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance RAM, SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD154UI 1.5TB 32MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5", in a Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3 (rev. 1.4) motherboard, with Win 7 Home Premium SP1 (64bit), all the drivers are up-to-dated and all of this powered by a Corsair GS 600W power supply. 

P.S.: I also tried lowering the video settings but it's not really helps. I can gain some fps with it, but not enough, and the usage thing was still alive.

Message 1 of 1 (1,050 Views)