Losing Picture On Screen While Playing

by MountainDrewAwe

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Losing Picture On Screen While Playing

★ Novice

So I'm going to try and explain this the best I can. Recently while playing Battlefield 4 I suddenly I hear a weird static noise and my screen goes black. I've tried turning them on and off and unplugging them, the only way I've found to fix this is restarting my computer by pushing the power button. I'm using a brand new GTX 970 I got for christmas. I've checked its temps and it stays around 65c-75c. I've been wondering if it's my power supply which is only 700w.

Message 1 of 3 (185 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Losing Picture On Screen While Playing

Hero (Retired)

Hello

The power supply is in order. For your video card need 145 watts.

Here are some tips.

• After installing a new video card are advised to reinstall Windows and all games.
  • Reinstall or check for drivers for your video card.
  • Check your windows for updates.
  • Reinstall the game.
  • Perhaps the problem of your video card.(I hope no problem.) Refer to the seller of this video card and change or repair by a warranty.
  • Check the connection of your monitor. Perhaps it problem. Try another monitor and check.

I hope these tips help you.

If my advice has helped you, then do not forget to click XP.

Good luck!

View in thread

Message 2 of 3 (173 Views)

All Replies

Hero (Retired)

Hello

The power supply is in order. For your video card need 145 watts.

Here are some tips.

• After installing a new video card are advised to reinstall Windows and all games.
  • Reinstall or check for drivers for your video card.
  • Check your windows for updates.
  • Reinstall the game.
  • Perhaps the problem of your video card.(I hope no problem.) Refer to the seller of this video card and change or repair by a warranty.
  • Check the connection of your monitor. Perhaps it problem. Try another monitor and check.

I hope these tips help you.

If my advice has helped you, then do not forget to click XP.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 3 (174 Views)

★ Novice

After completely removing my video drivers and reinstalling them I was able to play an entire game!

Message 3 of 3 (155 Views)