Known Battlefield 4 Issues and Next Steps (Updated: Mar 25)

by Carbonic

Original Post

Re: Known Battlefield 4 Issues and Next Steps

Community Manager

Just catching up on the updates from the weekend and have added them to Carbonics original post:

Fix for the most common server crash (Nov 4):

We've now rolled out a new server update (R6) across all platforms. The update included a confirmed fix for the most common server crash

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065218168644803/

UPDATE #3 (Nov 3): 

Fixing server crashes 
New server update (R6) was rolled out across all platforms to fix the most common server crash. 

UPDATE #2 (Nov 3): 
Fixing the server queues on PC 
We're rolling out a server update on PC with a fix for the join queue. As this new server version starts to populate servers, you will notice that server queues on PC will be available again in Battlefield 4. Note that it might take some time before the majority of PC servers are equipped with this fix (up to 24h). 

UPDATE (Nov 3): 
Server crashes 
We have identified an issue where the game server will crash and disconnect players, causing them to lose any stats gathered during that specific round. We have a fix in progress to address this issue in a server update and will let you know once it's ready to roll out. 

Source: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/forum/threadview/2955065217944685108/

Message 81 of 1,541 (2,101 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I don't see theses issues in known so ill post them here the 2 bugs for battlefield 4 that I'm having 1st one is tower collapse in siege of shanghai causing game crash. 2nd it just happened I lost control of command where mid game I had it at the start but after they stopped working I was still able to right click and have the orders show up but they just wouldn't work.

Message 82 of 1,541 (2,095 Views)

★★ Apprentice

MSVCR110.dll

I have a crash make game to stop working

by this file MSVCR110.dll

what should i do ?

Message 83 of 1,541 (2,060 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've been playing some hours without crashes since release.

But yesterday I was getting this error whole night, randomly in multiplayer after 1-5 mins of game play.

DirectX function "GetDeviceRemovedReason' failed with DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG ("The application's device failed due to badly formed commands sent by the application. This is a design-time issue that should be Investigated and fixed.").

http://postimg.org/image/47kgmxynh/

GTX650 ti 8gb ddr3 i5 3570k

Message 84 of 1,541 (2,043 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I play on a ps3 and can not get the campaign to save at all . Every time I turn BF4 on it starts me at the beginning of the campaign. According to my info on battlelog im on mission 6 of 7 but not while I am actually playing the game

Message 85 of 1,541 (2,039 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Single Player Save File Corrupted

• Played the whole campaign in one day.
  • Finished all the endings.
  • Played some multiplayer matches.
  • Turned off the PS3.

• The day after, turned on the PS3,
  • Single player profile and save data lost (Game Achievements, Weapons Unlocks, Dogtags, Scores).
  • Checked the Battlelog, everything has been kept apparently (in terms of achievements, Weapons, Unlocks, Dogtags, scores)
  • PSN trophies kept

• Restarted the game again and collected some other PSN trophies...

Apparenty battlelog (http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/campaign/level/360163244/4/) is the best source to entitle back users affected.

Please, make it happen and pass this report to DICE.

Message 86 of 1,541 (2,019 Views)

★ Novice

mine was saveing fine played mulitplayer for first time last night and now my campaign has wiped its asking me start new game ason the ps3 to

Message 87 of 1,541 (2,005 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok tell me how ?  Cause I have been reading a whole lot of stuff and there is no solution .

Message 88 of 1,541 (1,989 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I lost my premium battlepacks, Im getting all past battlepacks I unlocked with different items I never use now, including A LOT of battlelog emblems I have no use for. The main thing I want back is my items from the premium battlepacks. Somehow I got the survival and scout knife. All from the recent update for the 360

Message 89 of 1,541 (1,938 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
INVALIDARG directX error, most common directX crash and not a word mentioned by EA and contrary to popular belief there is no workaround, a patch/fix is required... any ideas when??
Message 90 of 1,541 (1,914 Views)