Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed)

by crunchyjoe

Original Post

Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Every time I try to play on a server I will end up being kicked and presented with the following error message(s)

"Error: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'CrunchyJoe' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed"

or what was being shown before reinstalling BF4:

"Error: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'CrunchyJoe' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe initialization failed"

I have tried multiple solutions shown on various threads, including:
-reinstalling BF4
-disabling firewall
-unblocking all punkbuster files in Windows Security Essentials
-moving pbsetup.exe and PBsvc.exe to the BF4 directory, updating/reinstalling the program and adding BF4 to the game list
-moving PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to C:\Windows\System32 and reinitializing PunkBuster.

the only remaining solution I have seen is a problem with Process explorer (following link)

which I do not have installed on my computer unless it's a hidden program that automatically downloads with windows update (please tell me if that is so)

so far I am very frustrated that I am unable to play the game I payed for and I am considering getting a refund if this problem can't be fixed.

Message 1 of 2 (307 Views)

Re: Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization fail

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Newbie

Message 2 of 2 (259 Views)

Keep your account safe

We'll make sure it's you by sending you a code for your trusted devices.

Learn more about Login Verification on EA Help

Check out the new EA Help!

We want to make finding the help you need better, faster, and easier.

So, we’ve had some work done at help.ea.com