Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed)

by CrunchyJoe

Original Post

Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Every time I try to play on a server I will end up being kicked and presented with the following error message(s)

"Error: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'CrunchyJoe' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization failed"

or what was being shown before reinstalling BF4:

"Error: Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'CrunchyJoe' (for 0 minutes) ... RESTRICTION: Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrA.exe initialization failed"

I have tried multiple solutions shown on various threads, including:
-reinstalling BF4
-disabling firewall
-unblocking all punkbuster files in Windows Security Essentials
-moving pbsetup.exe and PBsvc.exe to the BF4 directory, updating/reinstalling the program and adding BF4 to the game list
-moving PnkBstrA.exe and PnkBstrB.exe from C:\Windows\SysWOW64 to C:\Windows\System32 and reinitializing PunkBuster.

the only remaining solution I have seen is a problem with Process explorer (following link)

which I do not have installed on my computer unless it's a hidden program that automatically downloads with windows update (please tell me if that is so)

so far I am very frustrated that I am unable to play the game I payed for and I am considering getting a refund if this problem can't be fixed.

Message 1 of 2 (428 Views)

Re: Kicked from every server I join (Service Communication Failure: PnkBstrB.exe initialization fail

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

Message 2 of 2 (377 Views)