Keyboard and mouse not working in BF4 multiplayer

by Verknaller

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Keyboard and mouse not working in BF4 multiplayer

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

[EDIT] I figured out what the problem was. I was running Rivatuner Statistics Server in the background and when I closed that down, Battlefield 4 was functioning normal again!

Hi everyone,

I bought BF4 Premium about two months ago and it had been running fine up until yesterday. Suddenly, whenever I join a game I can just about spawn and control my character for about 10 seconds before my screen goes black for a second and then returns to the game. The problem is that after the screen went black for a bit, my keyboard and mouse aren't working in the game at all. When I ALT+TAB out of the game they're working fine in Windows, but in-game there is no response at all. Not even when I press the escape-key. The weird thing is that if I then reconnect my wireless X360 controller, I regain control through the controller as well as with my keyboard and mouse.

I already tried several different things, trying to resolve this issue, none of which seemed to work:
- unplugging and uninstalling the controller entirely
- uninstalling my mouse and keyboard drivers (Logitech Setpoint)
- using different USB-ports on my computer for each of my peripherals
- uninstalling and reinstalling my AMD display driver (the most current beta driver also crashes BF4 when using the Mantle API)
- downgrading to an earlier display driver
- unplugging one of my monitors
- uninstalling and reinstalling Battlefield 4
- enabling or disabling Origin In-game (which already was disabled before this issue occured)

Reconnecting my controller is a temporary fix, but it's really annoying since I have to do it each time the map changes. Is anyone having similar issues? Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Thanks in advance!

My PC's specs are:
MSI P55-GD65 motherboard
Intel i7 860, stable OC @ 3.8 GHz
8 GB Kinston HyperX DDR3 RAM
MSI Radeon R9 290 Gaming OC edition
Corsair 120 GB Force GT SSD (on which BF4 is installed)
Samsung 1 TB HDD
Logitech G5 mouse
Logitech Media Keyboard 600
Wireless XBox 360 controller
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Message 1 of 2 (4,154 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Keyboard and mouse not working in BF4 multiplayer

Community Manager

Thanks for coming back with the info to confirm the fix. As you mention Rivatuner/Afterburner is often called out for potential conflicts with the game. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (6,534 Views)

All Replies

Re: Keyboard and mouse not working in BF4 multiplayer

Community Manager

Thanks for coming back with the info to confirm the fix. As you mention Rivatuner/Afterburner is often called out for potential conflicts with the game. 

Cheers!

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 2 (6,535 Views)