Re: Ive been affected by the dreaded pacifist bug do you have a solution?

by SirBaron94

Original Post

Ive been affected by the dreaded pacifist bug do you have a solution?

★★ Novice
Hey EA / dice
I've been a battle fan since 1942 and last night while playing with my buds everything went janky.
After trying everything I came across other people that had the same issue and have dubbed it the pacifist bug.
Some came up with a solution by switching the shoot and spotting buttons and aim and frag buttons.
While this does appear to work it's still frustrating af.
Will this ever be fixed?
With battlefield 1 around the corner which I am looking forward to I would also like to keep playing BF4 with my squad too and changing up my buttons all the time will seriously affect my KDR.
Help a battler out.
Message 1 of 10 (1,386 Views)

★ Guide

What exactly is your issue? You never really say in your post. "Pacifist bug" explains nothing.

Message 2 of 10 (1,356 Views)

★★ Novice
Everything is fine when you start a match until you fire a weapon, once you've done that
you can't sprint, every time you jump you shoot, if you have an automatic weapon equipped then it will continue firing untill you're out of ammo if you equip an rpg it will fire straight from the hip.
other people have described the same problems and dubbed it the pacifist bug.
Message 3 of 10 (1,347 Views)

@dougmcalli725 wrote:
Everything is fine when you start a match until you fire a weapon, once you've done that
you can't sprint, every time you jump you shoot, if you have an automatic weapon equipped then it will continue firing untill you're out of ammo if you equip an rpg it will fire straight from the hip.
other people have described the same problems and dubbed it the pacifist bug.

Strange, this is markedly different from the old spawning without your hands and weapon bug where switching to your pistol would bring them back.  What input devices do you have connected when this happens, mouse, keyboard, Xbox game pad, joy stick, razer Nostromo etc?

_____________________________________________________________________________________
Please mark a thread as solved if a post solves your issue.

EA Answers HQ Volunteer Forum Moderator

BF3, BF4, BF1, BFV DICE Friend tag awardee

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Twitter: Ragnarok013
Message 4 of 10 (1,337 Views)

★ Guide

Clear all of your Joystick bindings for Solider and On Foot.

Message 5 of 10 (1,331 Views)

★★ Novice
I'm on ps4, got 2 controllers both proper sony duel shock 4. This is only a battlefield problem as they work fine for every other game.
Message 6 of 10 (1,320 Views)

★★★ Novice

Have had the exact same problem for 3 days now.  This is a game breaking bug and it is extremely frustrating.  EA/DICE NEEDS TO FIX THIS ASAP

Message 7 of 10 (1,268 Views)

Message 8 of 10 (695 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Hi @dougmcalli725 ,

I have noticed many players reporting over the years of similar symptoms from time to time.  

Frequent root causes have been due to the controller devices (keyboards, joysticks, PS4 or XBone controllers) simply having been worn out mechanically and/or the electronics in them have started 'drifting'.  Aka a joystick giving the signal to like move in a given direction despite its still located in neutral position.  Likewise like the fire button suddenly just stuck firing all the time despite not pressing it.  Or the opposite that the fire button no longer firing when pressing it.

I am myself playing on PS4 these last years and have experienced both the firing non-stop, the non-working fire button, and also the left joystick to drift sideways when in neutral.    

Replacing the controlling but faulty input device will fix your problem.

And your dreaded days in the pacifist holiday camp are over!  :o)

Message 9 of 10 (679 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 4 please make a new topic about the issues you are having and what kind of steps you have tried to solve it.

/Atic
Message 10 of 10 (658 Views)