Internet Lag and Graphics Lag

by NuClEaRaDiAtIoN

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Internet Lag and Graphics Lag

★ Novice

I play battlefield 4, for unknown reasons the Fps stutters very frequently and I get massive lag. I have had this problem for about 5 months now, I've tried all things; moving closer to the internet source, repairing the game, uninstalling/reinstalling on origins, updating graphics driver (Invidia GTX870M), running in compatibility mode/administrator mode/safe mode, running in x64 and x86, nothing works and it's driving me mad.

Any suggestions or ways to make it work?

Message 1 of 8 (525 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Internet Lag and Graphics Lag

Hero (Retired)

If you are still experiencing lag issues after doing all of this, then it is issues with the connection. For one, WiFi is never a good option for playing online games, especially if you have a pretty cheap router and slower internet to begin with. To have a good experiance over Wifi, you need a pretty high speed connection, as well as a really nice router ($150+). The best thing to do is to hardwired your connection with an Ethernet cable.  Another issue could be the modem itself. Modems go out of date or have problems pretty quickly (1-2 years). If you are renting your modem from your ISP (I do for like $5/month) then I would contact them, tell them you are constantly dropping connection, and you need a new modem.

Did my post help you? Click "Grant XP"
Did my post solve your issue? Click "Accept As Solution"

I do not work for EA. I am just a gamer helping fellow gamers.

See you on the Battlefield!!!

Multi-Platform Elite Race: PC, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3, PS4

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

View in thread

Message 6 of 8 (467 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

The best thing to do would be to turn down your graphics settings. Alot of people run their games on Ultra, which takes a huge strain on your GPU. In a fast-paced FPS like Battlefield, you don't really need Ultra settings. Especially with you having a laptop, the GPU is not nearly as powerful as a desktop GPU. Even on my desktop rig, I only run Battlefield 4 on Medium Settings, so I would go ahead and give Medium a try and see how it goes. The other problem could be overheating. Since you have a laptop, laptops overheat very easily, especially after long gaming sessions. A laptop cooling fan can help with this issue. If the GPU gets too hot, it will cause massive and frequent frame rate drops. My 760 in my rig had that issue a while back. I was able to take it apart and put new thermal paste on, which helped out alot.  This could also be part of your overheating issue. Your thermal paste on your GPU may be going bad and in need of replacement.  The internet lag could be a multitude of issues. Your modem may be old (1-2 years is old for a modem), it could also just need to be reset.  Another thing that will help with lag is to use a hardwired connection instead of a Wi-Fi connection.

I DO NOT ANSWER PMs. IF YOU NEED HELP, POST A NEW THREAD SO THE WHOLE COMMUNITY CAN GIVE INPUT, AND IF IT GETS SOLVED, EVERYONE CAN SEE THE SOLUTION.

Message 2 of 8 (508 Views)

★ Novice

Another thing is to quit any unnecessary programs,  like say a browser.

Message 3 of 8 (500 Views)

★ Novice

Thanks, that makes sense, my laptop has a cooling fan that can be turned on and off.

Message 4 of 8 (493 Views)

★ Novice

Hi, I tried setting graphics and quality to low, no joy, still lagging. I use a wi-fi connection, but even being in the same room as the wireless router doesn't help. It also lags on other internet games, am I right in thinking that this is an internet and not a graphics problem?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8 (475 Views)

Hero (Retired)

If you are still experiencing lag issues after doing all of this, then it is issues with the connection. For one, WiFi is never a good option for playing online games, especially if you have a pretty cheap router and slower internet to begin with. To have a good experiance over Wifi, you need a pretty high speed connection, as well as a really nice router ($150+). The best thing to do is to hardwired your connection with an Ethernet cable.  Another issue could be the modem itself. Modems go out of date or have problems pretty quickly (1-2 years). If you are renting your modem from your ISP (I do for like $5/month) then I would contact them, tell them you are constantly dropping connection, and you need a new modem.

Message 6 of 8 (468 Views)

★ Novice

That's probably it, thanks for helping me out!

Message 7 of 8 (452 Views)

Hero (Retired)

No problem!!! Hope your ISP helps the rest of the way!!  Have fun!!

Message 8 of 8 (429 Views)