[INFORMATION] Installation issue BF4 Beta client

by EA_Bastian

Original Post

Re: [INFORMATION] Installation issue BF4 Beta client

★ Apprentice

UPDATE!!:

The "Install Dir" registry value does the trick. The catch is there must be a space in it! I missed this part when this solution was suggested, mostly because exactly the same fix worked for Battlefield 3, but without the space in the key's name.

Please add this as confirmed solution to the initial post, and for the love of god, fix Origin client already so this stuff gets added to registry automatically!

Message 31 of 56 (1,451 Views)

★★★ Newbie

doesn't work for me :/ does it help if I say that the GDF-file IS present in my main BF4 beta folder?

Message 32 of 56 (1,423 Views)

★★ Novice
Message 33 of 56 (1,392 Views)

★ Novice

Hey guys after reading this i can confirm a fresh reinstall of origin and running it in compatibility mode fixed the issue for me.

Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.         
       System Model: Dell System XPS 15Z
               BIOS: Default System BIOS
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2640M CPU @ 2.80GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.8GHz
             Memory: 8192MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 8086MB RAM

Message 34 of 56 (1,368 Views)

★★★ Newbie

hi i have problem with loding im stuck in loading game freezes and nothing else please help

Message 35 of 56 (1,326 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

This seemed to work for me

Message 36 of 56 (1,272 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Hi Dennis,

this works for me! \o/

Thank you! :heart:

Message 37 of 56 (1,257 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I HAVE FIXED THIS PROBLEM! :mantongue:

GO TO C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Battlefield 4 Beta\__Installer\directx\ and delete EVERY THING FROM THERE!

Drag and drop this file in to that folder where you deleted all files (http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/7/1/1718CCC4-6315-4D8E-9543-8E28A4E18C4C/dxwebsetup.exe) rename that file to DXSETUP.exe...

Then you are ready to go! Install BF4 beta as you have tried... it will throw you error like this: "/?" or some thing like that just press ok and you are fine with our installation...

Message 38 of 56 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Adding a space deleted all of the game content. What a piece of **bleep** game. **bleep**ing EA can't even do installers right anymore.

Message 39 of 56 (1,122 Views)

I'm just a little confused. Please answer!

★★★ Novice

I was very surprised to see that the new naval vehicles were not in the 360 and PS3 BF4 beta's. I'm hoping that it's just bc it's the beta butt I still have not gotten an official answer on whether or not the current gen consoles will benifet from the naval combat and new vehicles on the Siege of Shanghai map in BF4 when the full game is released on the current gen 360 and PS3 consoles????

P.S I would really appreciate an answer. Thank you!

Message 40 of 56 (1,063 Views)